Taurus Curve - Recalled

1stmar

Innovation should be encouraged, regardless of what it looks like today. 25 years ago red dot sights were toys for those who wanted to compete at their highest level. Now they are tactical tools used by armed forces and on some home defense guns. Same for kydex or other plastic holsters.nim sure there are many other examples. I haven't held a curve, but if it makes it more comfortable to carry without disturbing reliability or ergonomics I don't see the issue with it. I have no Taurus' I wonder if it would have been ridiculed as heavy if s&w came out with it?

KyJim

I've sometimes thought of collecting oddball handguns. The Curve would definitely make the cut.

osbornk

I have no Taurus' I wonder if it would have been ridiculed as heavy if s&w came out with it?

No and it would be touted as the best thing since sliced bread if it was a GLOCK.

heyjoe

i dont really see an upside in sending a gun you like and that has no problems to have the barrel stamped.

KyJim

i dont really see an upside in sending a gun you like and that has no problems to have the barrel stamped.
Well, if you ever sold it and somebody managed to jam in a wrong caliber cartridge and it caused injury, they might start looking at you for not sending it in when recalled. I bet that's the reason Taurus wants it returned. Pretty remote chance but you never know.

Marty8613

Held one at a gunshow recently. The silk screened back of the slide sights are idiotic. You pretty much have to use the laser or point and shoot. The gun is a good size and very concealable. It felt like a toy. I was not impressed at all.

Would I own one? If someone gave it to me. It would make an easy to conceal BUG for ankle carry or something. I would consider it if they had a left handed model. Being ambidextrous, I like my BUG to be a lefty.

Is there a range report out there? I would like to see someone review it point and shoot, without using the laser.

Cheapshooter

Figure I'll buy one for a conversation piece when they hit the used market cheap.............Probably sooner rather than later after all the newbies that buy them realize what a POS they are.:D

Fishbed77

You pretty much have to use the laser or point and shoot

It was my understanding that the loaded chamber indicator featured a type of guttersnipe sight that was visible then a round is chambered.

Is this no longer the case?

skizzums

neat, I ever noticed the raised metal on each side of the chamber indicator, nor have I heard anyone mention it when testing it in the gun rags. I like the gun, I think women will really like it, it will probably be marketed in their direction. the only MAJOR flaw in my opinion is the painted crosshairs, it doesn't seem too difficult or that it would affect the design to simply put a Taurus revolver type fixed sight. but if the chamber indicator works like it looks like it does, then that's pretty cool I guess.