Taurus Circuit Judge

I think they are skewing the lines alot here... the smooth bore that has screw in chokes & only fires shot shells is obviously not a rifle...

maybe by offering the version as a shotgun, they can then offer the rifled barrel as a rifled shotgun that also fires 45 Colt ???

oneounceload

the smooth bore that has screw in chokes & only fires shot shells is obviously not a rifle...

Very true, and with that revolver chamber, don't get caught hunting doves or other migratory birds that fall under Fed rules. I wouldn't want to shoot 410 out of the rifled barrel - that pattern would doughnut terribly

zippy13

The Judge revolver is marketed as a personal defense handgun. It's assumed you'll load buck, not bird, shot in your .410s. The Circuit Judge long gun seems to be designed to do the same thing. The 410 shotgun only version has the same high target sights as the 45/410 rifle/shotgun version. Obviously, neither is suited to wing shooting.

Seeing the stock's proportions, I'm reminded of the saying that an elephant is a horse designed by a committee. Of course, the Circuit Judge may fill some now vacant niche for use in a cowboy competitive event.

Hey, wadda I know, I was skeptical when the T/C Contender was first introduced -- it certainly isn't the failure I'd anticipated. Who knows, we may soon find ourselves knee deep in custom Circuit Judge parts and accessories.

Last edited:

oneounceload

the Circuit Judge may fill some now vacant niche for use in a cowboy competitive event.

I agree - I think that will be the main market for this, although, I am sure there will be some who buy it for HD and as a fun gun

... well I know I wasn't impressed with the junky chinese replica lever action I tried playing with before... & ended up trading back in...

the Revolver is interesting... if it is solid, & works...

my concern would be the "blast shield" if it works, it keeps you from burning your arm on the barrel cylinder gap... but there are so many ways it could "not work"... you could still burn your arm, if not positioned just right... it could direct the gasses & ash, etc. back towards the shooters face ( which it looks like it could do )... it could also bind up after several / 100 rounds ( like a cowboy action shooter would do ) or someone trying to actually use it on clay's etc.

I really like the idea, & could see chambering it for some other purpose, but it must shoot good & work right in the 1st place...

Last edited: