Taurus anyone?

gringo5

I've had a 617 for a couple of years now and it's been a good shooter for a couple thousand rounds. one problem, rust under the grip and along the top left hand side. (above the grip).to much sweat i guess from a summer of concealed carry in South Florida.it's a backup bedroom gun now.i gave my father in-law a 85 ul to replace the s&w m10 he's carried around the farm for 30+ years and i've been his favorite son-in-law since.i had the s&w reblued for him and he's a happy camper.but he only carries the taurus with him.i gave the wife a naa guardian and a colt diamond .22 and she is still cranky so go figure?

rugercollector

Taurus Revolvers YES!

Do I like Taurus better than S&W yes! Let me count the ways: 1. They started with a smith look then lost the firing pin on the hammer and added a reliable unbreakable floating firing pin. 2. They ashcanned the flat mainspring smith had which "stacked" and broke a lot and put in an unbreakable coil spring ala Ruger. Their ejectors don't wear like Smith's so you cant get a shell stuck under the star. Well you get the idea! I could go on forever.... I call Tauruses "Improved Smith 7 Wessons" They are also very smooth. A drop of Gunslick lube on the ball on the end of the mainspring strut and they cycle like melted butter.

WESHOOT2

No.

But I carry a PT22.

Hmmmm.......

Ruger revolvers only for me, but my wife carries a S&W M38 (best).

Glad folks like Taurus, because they'll be around when S&W leaves us.....

ROCK-n-GLOCK

I used to also think Taurus' were cheap inport guns. They were.....but like most things, as they grew, they invested more money in their factory and now are making good, reliable and fair priced guns. I only own one Taurus which I just recently purchased. It is a 454 Casull Raging Bull 6.5 inch barrel, SS model. I love it. It shoots much like a 44 mag, only with less kick. That's right, a 454 Casull that is twice as powerful and shoots with less recoil/kick than my friends ALL MIGHTY S&W. I like S&W's just fine. I prefer Glock's for my semi auto's. I own a model 21 and 30. Best damn semi's made---period. I'm sure there is those out there that will argue that Sigs are better than Glock's--blah, blah, blah

Guns are like motorcycles, everyone has their favorite and swears the "others" are POS.........Buy what you like, shoot what works for you--and as I tell my wife every now and then----just stop your damn whinning!

lucky085

I own 2 Taurus snubbies which I like a lot.

One must take cuts against certain companies products with a grain of salt on most forums, as one person who had a problem can make it sound like everyone is having this probl.

Coop57

Taurus

I think that there semiautos leave alot to be desired. The triggers are long and gritty. But their revolvers are a great value. Would I buy one for ccw? Yes, I have and 85 in the car right now. Would I buy one for competion or long term range shooting? No, I would spend a little more and get a Ruger or a used S&W. I think the Ruger and the S&Ws have a little advantage as far as durability and accuracy.
Taurus has a nice niche market for self defense handguns at a good price, don't knock it. If it wasn't for Taurus the Rugers and the S&Ws would probably cost mores. Taurus helps hold down the prices.
Just my $0.02 worth.

Legionnaire

Blued M44 with ported 4" barrel. Great fun to shoot. I've no complaints at all. Bought it right after Smith & Wesson's "deal" with the feds, sort of as an act of defiance. Glad I did. Will look at other Tauri in the future.

scromer

Just got a Model 627Ti Tracker(7 shot .357 with 4" barrel in Titanium). Haven't got to fire it yet but I love the way it balances in my grip.

shooter.45

I have a M85 love that gun have never had a prob with it..

View

denfoote

Ala Dan,
I, on the other hand have no experience with Smith&Wesson. My revolvers have always been either Rugers, or Tauri. At this juncture in time I dislike S&W for political reasons, although there have been a few Smiths that have intregued me.