Taurus anyone?

handgun357

I got a model 689 Taurus in .357mag 6 inch barrel 6 shot a couple of years ago and today I bought a model 608 in .357mag 4 inch barrel 8 shot. The action is as smooth as my S&W's. They are very accurate. The grips are better than Ruger factory or Hogue. I have nothing but good to say about Taurus so far and they are guaranteed for life.
I bought it at a favorite gunshop and only paid $275.00.(used of course).
I think I'll be getting more of these guns.
Does anyone else like Taurus?

Lightsped

I too have had good expereinces with Taurus. I own a Total Titanium Model 85 and a Stainless Model 85. Nice guns with good quality. They always get compliments at the range...

my2taurus38s.jpg

glockten

I like Taurus wheelguns just fine! I used to own a Mdl. 431 .44 Spl. and a Mdl. 44 .44 Mag. Sold 'em both:(but I'm gonna try to buy back the Mdl. 44.

I also want a Mdl. 450; a .45 Colt snubbie just really appeals to me.

denfoote

You bet!!!:D Our household is home to four Tauri: His and Hers M85's,(Hers is the M85UL), a custom M605 (ported barrel, red insert in the front sight, Hogue rosewood boot grips), and a PT92AFS.

Bullshooter

Best Buy!

I have owned several Tauruses (Taurii?), both in wheelgun and auto flavors. I have found them to generally be well worth the money. I owned a 92AFS and a 945 that ate everything fed to them, without complaint. I can't remember a single fail-to-feed. I now own a Raging Bull in .44 Remington Magnum and I dearly love it. It's probably the most accurate out-of-the-box revolver I've ever owned. I put an Ultra Dot red dot scope on it and have managed to put five rounds in a 1.5" group at 25 yds., cloverleafing three of the rounds. Gotta love it.

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Greeting's handgun357 and other's:

As I have noted many, many times here at TFL I do not own or condone the use of Taurus product's; namely handguns. The
only one I have shot was an old model 82 in .38 Special; and that was enough for me!!!:( With about a 25 lbs. trigger pull to get it started, the damn cylinder would bind about
halfway through a firing cycle.:eek: On top of that, the
bullet's (158 grain L-RN) were keyholing badly.:rolleyes:
I think the only reason that major security companies favor
the Tauri handguns is the fact that they fell for that "Life-time Warranty" BS. I just wonder if they have ever
dealt with the nice folks in that "Customer Service & Warranty Repair Center"? From reading post here at TFL,
sometimes they correct a problem; but most of the time they
don't!!!:p I've heard tales of persons sending their favorite Tauri handguns back to the factory as many as
three times; and when the gun was finally returned, NOTHING
was done. Why? I don't know; but with hell's bell's I don't
need one of their POS!!!:D Give me the real thing, baby-
either a Smith & Wesson revolver or a Sig-Sauer autoloader.
After all, isn't that the best way to fly?

Respectfully,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Lightsped

The Titanium Taurus I own is very reliable. Never had any problems with it. Shooting it is no worse than shooting a steel 38 snubbie. I guess the porting helps alot with the recoil cause I never have any problems, aches, or pains after shooting the Titanium model. One thing though, if I use leaded bullets it gets the front site quite dirty. Stay away from lead and you'll be fine. I'd also have to say the Titanium model is one of my favorite guns I own. It ALWAYS gets compliments at the range....

pawcatch

I have a tracker in .41 mag and it's a great gun.I think vast majority of people who've bought taurus revolvers in the last two years have been happy with their purchase.The pull is a littke heavy though.

Nazman

Taurus Handguns

Taurus handguns are one of the best values on the market! Over the years I've owned six different Taurus revolvers (38, 357 and 44 mag). Because of the vagueries of my wants, likes and needs (all the same, as far as I'm concerned), a couple of them have been traded off, but I enjoyed all of them.

I also own a PT22. In the past I'd owned a Beretta model 21 and didn't find it very accurate or easy to shoot. The Taurus, on the other hand, is a great little pistol. It's easy to carry as backup, easy to shoot (even though it's DAO) and it's accurate . In fact I shoot it at the 50 yard steel plate at my range and can hit it four times out of 6 on a consistent basis!

All in all, I have to say that you get more than you pay for with Taurus.

Nazman

makarov

I think the qualit control on the Taurus's has improved greatly in the last couple of years. The ones that I have looked at lately seem really nice. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if the price was right.

denfoote

Ala Dan,
For the love of God man, you must have been dissed really bad by the Taurus folks!!!! I have had only one minor irrtiating experience with a Taurus firearm. With my M605, the first time I shot it, the cylinder latch pin came out, and was lost. I was out on the desert at the time, so there was no point in looking for it. This necessitated a trip back to the Taurus factory. The weapon was fixed, and returned to me in exactly 21 days, just as promised. The pin has not budged since. All of my other Tauri have performed in an exemplary manner.

guerilla1138

I think highly of all tauri.
Even tho i have only one right now i hope to add a .41 mag tracker and a .45 Colt snubbie to my collection this year.

The one i have is a pt92af, 9mm.
Stovepiped with hardball ammo like mad till i polished the feedramp and put about another 70 rounds thru it.
now its perfect.

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Friday Greeting's To All:

No sir, I really have no personal experience with Taurus
International, or whatever their name may be. Like I said,
my personal experience is limited to the Taurus model 82;
or the equivalent to a bull barrel model 10 Smith & Wesson.
All the wild stories that one hears of, "Oh! Smith & Wesson
and Taurus are the same thing" or "Smith & Wesson goes out
the front door and Taurus goes out the back"; this is simply
a bunch of BS. Or how about this one, "Smith & Wesson use to be in Brazil, then some Canadian bought it and moved it
to Springfield, Mass." While some parts of certain firearms
may interchange; there's a world of difference between the
two. To sum things up, if you are happy with the Tauri line
of firearms, then so be it; I'm happy for you, I will stick
with the Smith & Wesson.

Respectfully,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

keys are for cars and houses, not guns. i lost all interest when taurus installed built-in, non-removable gun locks on the firearms. "smart gun lite" technology is just not for me.

handgun357

cuerno de chivo, Taurus is not the only one to put non-removable locks on their guns.
I like the Tauri that I have, but I am not a fan of the "smart guns", whether they are electronic, or non-removable locks, or what ever. I refuse to buy guns of that nature.
One thing I've learned over the years is that every mfg. has made good guns and bad guns, none mfg is exempt.

Lightsped

I am curious.... Who cares about the locks in Taurus revolvers? You dont have to use them and it isn't like it is some big padlock thingy hanging off of them to effect their appearence or size.
They look no different and act no different when they are unlocked. BTW, Para Ordinance is installing keys on their 45s now too.....

obviously i care. i don't like the way they look. i don't like the whole gun lock theory. i don't like them for complicating processes buy adding more mechanisms that can fail. and i don't like them politically (lawsuits/politics are the reason for taurus implementing them).

i won't buy guns with built-in, non-removable gun locks. i don't give a flip who makes them. if my favorite manufacturers put them on their guns (glocks and sw revolvers), i will drop their guns like hot potatoes.

i feel that it is a legitimate complaint that should always be brought up when guns with built-in, non-removable gun locks are discussed.

tyro

Ditto what cuerno de chivo said, plus the fact that the Taurus owner's manual for my new M627 Tracker said "Dry firing is bad for this gun, even with....." So, as soon as I was able to purchase a Ruger KGP-141 (the owner's manual for which encourages unlimited dry firing), I got rid of the new Taurus - which had some good features, but not good enough to compete with the Ruger as a keeper.