Talo Colt Night Defender @ $1180 overpriced?

bald1

Scrounger,
I don't know that I'd classify either the Colt Defender or Kimber Ultra Carry II as "range guns" at all.

As the OP of this thread, here's where I ended up:

'09 Dan Wesson CBOB (CCW usage)
'09 Dan Wesson Heritage RZ-45 (which IS a range gun)

Prized%20Pair%20C.jpg

Prized%20Pair%20D.jpg

michael t

Just buy a defender and if you must have night sites have them installed Still be a lot cheaper
My Defender is as reliable my commanders or my Government . At combat SD distance is every bit as accurate I don't shoot 50 yds in SD.
I must be lucky I have Defender and agent 2 officers and all are reliable I think that unreliable story needs to die with the 1911 can only shoot ball ammo Bot are out dated.

yellolab

Yup, too much money, especially for a carry gun that get beat up anyway. Why buy a "pretty" gun for this, it should be a tool.

My carry is a Defender, bought it used for $600, looks pretty good, shoots great.

Kevin

Foogas76

I have just purchased a Talo Colt Night Commander. Over 60 years have passed since I purchased a S&W 19 to carry in my duties as a Police Officer. Over 60 years of revolver/automatics of most manufactures and most with jams and ftf. I've tried them all. was just awakened to a pistol I purchased out of the box that has yet to ftf and has just completed a tactical training program that certainly challenges an old deputy like myself. NO jams and I beat Glocks and other Colt's in a line up of Deputies. The sweetest handgun I have ever fired.
NEVER downplay the Colt products. One deputy complained about the 'recent poor quality of Colt's but I outshot him at 68 years on the range under stress felony stop excercises And he is good!
Colt is still good and always will be.
A old Trooper

Scrounger

Colt pistols by TALO

If you want to talk overpriced pistols.......no doubt about it.......the Colt Gold Cup National Match in high polished stainless by TALO is the way to go. I've seen them go for anywhere between $1500 to $2000 with a 'buy it now' type of sale. I got mine for $1700 out the door. Dang. It sure is nice eye candy as compared to my rather plain Colt ANVIII model. But, the nice thing about them both is that they're Colts.

DaleA

Scrounger-

No offense but you came back to open a three year old thread and post 'Whatever.....'? (asks DaleA seriously considering he might not be around when a reply comes back.)

michael t

After my experience with Kimber Their on my Never buy again list. My Defender is old and has never been 1st problem. In fact none of my Colts have experience any trouble.

last year I replaced the Hammer, sear, trigger ,and disconnector With top of Line Wilson . That made a difference in trigger and still reliable as 1st day.