Talk to me about 7mm-08

Brian, I seat my bullets .030 off instead of the reccomended .050. Dont have all my data handy so I cant give you an OAL. The idea for the .030 came from a friend who does a lot of reloading with the x bullet. Didnt notice any problems with excessive pressure and it is accurate. The barrel was made into an ack. imp. from the get -go. It is a douglas air-guage 26" in a #6 heavy contour on a remington 700 action mated to a custom cut reinhart fajen stock. The original barrel that came on the rifle was 24" and I had it reamed before I tore it all apart and built the custom. Velocities went from around 2900(before) to 3000+(after). That is a factory fed. prem. 140gr. bal. tip to a handloaded 140 gr. bal. tip. The extra 2" and the fact that it is an ack. imp. gets me almost 200 more fps over the factory barrel with factory loads.

BrianW

longrangesolution,
thanks for the info. My Ruger '06 likes the Xbullet close to the lands, too. Seems that what makes them happy.

200fps is a nice gain, I'll have to consider the AI, but I know I'm not going to a 24" barrel, tho. I want mine pretty portable.

Thanks again.