Talk me out of the Vortex Viper PST...

Bushnell 4305 Elite Tactical is honestly a better scope it is a 4.5-30x50 and built like a tank. Same price range. I owned both. The PST WENT bye,bye after buying the Bushnell. Now I have graduated to the NightForce ATACR. The Bushnell is still the best bang for the buck. And as far as tough, it was on a 50BMG.

howabouttheiris

Found mine used online for $700.

gun_zps07f13fe9.jpg

Sharkbite

Sorry Man...

They are TOO good a scope at that price to talk you out of.... And the WARRENTY!!!!

I called em up to ask about having mine painted with one of the baked on finishes. They said "no problem. If the baking process ruins the scope we'll replace it"

How do you beat that??

Kimber84

They are TOO good a scope at that price to talk you out of.... And the WARRENTY!!!!

I called em up to ask about having mine painted with one of the baked on finishes. They said "no problem. If the baking process ruins the scope we'll replace it"

How do you beat that??

They are one heck of a company, I emailed them one day on the generic "contact us" option. In no time I had a response from a real person answering everyone of my questions. They even offered to send a scope to a local dealer that I could check out.

I've been a Leupold fan for a long time, but Vortex is really starting to look better and better.

At this point I have an HS-T on order so we'll see how it does, its somewhere in UPS land and is supposed to be here today.

tobnpr

Looks to be the same as the PST (SFP version) but without the illuminated reticle....and $100 cheaper.

Why not?

Kimber84

My HS-T just showed up, got it sitting on the gun but still need to level everything up.

The turrets have a very positive audible click, lens are crystal clear and everything feels good and tight. What's not to like? I'll be giving it a test drive on Saturday at the farm if we get done in time. If all goes well ill be ordering more.

qyhyteja.jpg

A mate of mine has both the 4-16 PST and the 6-24.
He was considering getting another 6-24 instead of the 4-16 he brought for his AR15. He was glad he got the 4-16, as you wouldn't want a much bigger scope on an AR I'd say, unless it's solely a bench gun.

We compared his 4-16 PST to my Nikon Monarch 4-16x42 and surprisingly the Nikon was better in low light. When I say low light I mean until you could barely make out a target at 100yards. That despite has a 25mm tube and a smaller objective, which makes it a lot lighter and smaller.

The Nikon doesn't have target turrets, but does have capped turrets, and you can buy exposed turrets for them I believe. Don't know if this info is any help or not, but someone had to give you something to think about.