*TACTICOOL* JunK! vs. Useful Rifle Accessories

ronin308

The Gapper is for us wussy college kids. :p Seriously, it does help to make the gun more comfortable during extended practice sessions. Besides, its only like five dolla so who cares?

Destructo6

- Either a Gapper(tm) or an aftermarket pistol grip that doesn't have that damned sharp edge at the rear of the trigger guard.

But then you lose the use of the winter trigger.

I have a Wilderness Giles sling on my CAR-15 and that's all I've added.

I fully agree with using a clip-on AR bipod instead of a permenant version.

AnotherPundit

The best thing about my Beta-C AR mag is that, fully loaded, it really stabilizes the rifle. I'll just use it as a rest, sometimes . . . it's like attaching a weighted bipod to the underside of your rifle.

Pvt. Joker

Gapper Smapper!

I'm with Steve... What use is the gapper? I am holding my RRA M4 in my hand, and cannot see how this could affect my shooting? Someone enlighten me?

-Jared

Apeach

Oh man, did you guys see Kobun's rifle. You better believe I'm moving to Norway. That had to be the coolest thing I've ever seen. From what I understand theres not a whole lot of gun laws over there. Exactly how much did that setup cost, Kobun?

Christopher II

The Gapper really comes into its own when you carry your rifle in a ready position for long periods. My right social digit gets abraided when I do this with an A2 grip.

Other than that, I guess some of you folks have tough skin. :D

- Chris

Correia

I have either shooting slings or tac slings on my rifle. Depending on what it is. For my main field rifle I carry it a lot more than I shoot it, so I have Blackhawk tac sling on it. It helps to carry it for long periods of time, and it is nice to be able to drop it and use both hands. (This is with a 10 lbs. FAL, which can get a bit heavy after 30 miles of rocky shale in a weekend).

Other than that, I do not have a muzzle brake on any of my guns. Just crowned muzzles. No flash suppresors, I just try various ammo at night until I find one that I like.

Some rifles are scoped. Nothing fancy, though I plan on purchasing an ACOG later this year. (tried a 3X chevron rectical compact model, fell in love).

No bipods.

Lots of mags.

First and most important purchase, a couple cases of practice ammo.

I could see how a light mount could come in handy, but I currently do not own one.

Pvt. Joker

Hijack...

Don't mean to Hijack the thread, but have a couple questions for Correia.

Does the BlackHawk Sling you mentioned use a front side swivel? I need to get a Tac sling for my M4wannabe. I've got a RRA 6 pos stock on back, but no front side sling adapter? I've got a tough time shelling out 50+ bux on something just to convert it to the side.

How far out does the sling swivel need to be in front? I don't like the looks of something that goes through the front sight, would it still work if it was where the sling is located now, but just off to the side?

Can anyone tell me how far the sling swivel extends on a Side sling adapter, say from the FSB, to the top of the extended "swivel"?

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense. Thanks!

Anyone have any other alternatives?

-Jared