Tactical XD with compact grip...Why?

"It incorporated an Officer's size frame with a true Commander length slide, like CraigC described."

Porportionally, it was right on, a downscaled Government model, not like a longslide Officers.

I prefer a medium size grip length, ie G19 over 17. Somehow provides me more control.
This XD could make sense for someone wanting one gun-a subcompact for CCW, tactical for HD or open carry.But would require different top ends and whatnot- I'd just get the midsize and call it good.

Zesty

I thought so too.......

I also thought the 5" Tactical Combat was a bad idea....until just the other day.

I own a XD45 Service. I have learned that I can also buy the Tactical Compact, and essentially have the ability to change between 4 different gun configurations extremely easily.

I NEVER thought I would EVER buy a Tactical Compact XD45, but now I think that might be the next gun I get.

I also have a 4" XD .45 compact, the short mag makes concealment a lot easier. Drawing from IWB deep concealment is a challenge but not so difficult with a little practice. I'm not so sure another inch or so of barrel would make it any more or less comfortable to carry, it depends where you carry it and if you have any cant to your holster.