• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

T Shirt Committee: Volunteers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grayfox

I think we're getting close. I really like "Ammunition for your mind". I think the main point is to stress that we're not just shooters, but intellegent thinkers as well.

HS

The Firing Line.com - No Licence Reqired !

The Firing Line.com-The Best on the NET !

The Firing Line.com - No Waiting Period !

The Firing Line.com - Open 7 Days
NO WAITING ! ------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"

[This message has been edited by HS (edited February 24, 1999).]

Alas, nobody has suggeted a Pennsylvania / Kentuchy rifle.
"the Spirit of 1776
(picture and/or "The Firing Line Forums")
"into 2000"
----but all the other ideas are great!
Please don't crossed AK 47's or any other military rifle - many of the terrorist goons that have caused so much misery in the name of 'marxism-leninism' (and still do) here in Latin America have used this style logo... just stating the obvious ;)

El Chimango Pete
(from the other 'down under')

------------------
Member NRA (life), SASS (life 'El Chimango Pete' #20037), Muzzle Loaders, other clubs in Argentina. Firearms Instructor
On ICQ "Buzzard-Pete"

Bushwhacker

The one about the Kentucky rifle is a good one. How about some satin jackets? could get them on a as per order item? with members name above left breast.

------------------
Justice for one,Justice for all.

On the other hand there is some advantage in using the word "hoplophobia" just imagine...

Non Gun Person (NGP): "Hey! what does that mean?"
You snap out your portable soap box, assemble it quickly and start

"Its an unreasonable fear of weapons... etc."

A great opportunity for spreading the gospel!

:) El Chimango Pete
"... from the down under where time is normal and everybody knows what day it is"

ATM

My vote goes for "Ammunition For Your Mind"

with a the TFL logo and a Kentucky rifle on top with a Glock on the bottom. Old to new topics of discussion symbology.

For the tshirt put the forum listing on the back; the polo just have the logo.

I also like the idea of polo shirts, although I just want a TFL shirt :)

------------------
Freedom is not Free

Grayfox

Morgan,
Just for the record "Ammunition for your mind" was Jeff Thomas' idea. Give credit where credit is due. :)

I like the crossed rifle and pistol idea. But, the point about pure military weapons is well taken. How about a flintlock and an olympic target rifle at the top with a peacemaker and a bullseye 1911 at the bottom?

Jeff Thomas

Thanks, Grayfox. It occurred to me only after reading your idea and Raymond's.

So, Rich, do you need any capital to get the t-shirts going?

[This message has been edited by Jeff Thomas (edited February 27, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.