switch barrel rifle systems...

J.G. Terry

T/D Dimension

T/C Dimension: Space gun looks. :eek:5R barrels. Accurate. Conversions available for a number of common cartridges.

armednfree

There is the Savage and the Remage. There is no reason a standard barrel can't be cut for any bolt action rifle and they be interchanged, bench resters do that sometimes. The reason for the remage is that you don't need a machinist to set the barrel.

None of those barrels are you going to willy nilly change daily on a whim. Typically you would use an external action wrench requiring removal of scope and bases. You can use an internal wrench since you are not hogging it down.

So basically you would do something like change the rifle to 22-250 for woodchucks and then over to 308 for deer. In a country where you are restricted in how many guns you own and have to jump through hoop to get them that makes sense, but not here.

So all this does is allow you to change a rifle without a gunsmith.

1stmar

Check out the link in my second post. Thats pretty much what im looking for. Not sure how many gunsmiths can built it but may give that guy a call.

Mobuck

"but I admit I still don't get what problem is this a solution to."

As mentioned, this is applicable to areas of restrictive gun ownership OR traveling hunters needing 2 significantly different calibers on the same "numbered action" to meet import regulations.
A true "switch barrel" should not require barrel/action vises, barrel nut wrenches, bench vises, pipe wrenches, or such tools. Often only a small torque wrench or maybe even just a T-handle hex/torx wrench is required.