Surefire lights?

stratus

Every couple of hours? Really?

I'll keep that in mind, since I just ordered an Insight UTL which I believe has a xenon bulb. I won't keep turning it on for no reason, I guess....

stratus, "every couple of hours" is a LONG time.

My surefire bulbs typically last 6 months or so...if not longer. You are only supposed to have it on for a few seconds at a time, so if you factor in that a bulb should last even only 3 hours, thats 180 minutes, which is 10,800 seconds....so, if every "burst of use" is around 8 seconds, you can use that bulb for around 1,350 times...

So long story short, it lasts a while...

Now you can avoid all that by buying a Surefire X200 for example, which uses a Luxeon Star led, very bright, beautiful white light, and lasts forever so to say (10,000 hours is basically forever to me on light usage)

stratus

Yeah, you're right of course.... except I mess with mine quite often... hehheh

And the X200s are indeed awesome. I had an X200B that I had to take back because I could not for the life of me get the rail adapter to align with my USP's point of aim (it sounds strange but it was definitely enough to make me mad, such a great light and can't get it to incorporate properly into the design of my pistol). The rail was not very good quality and seemed to be an afterthought. The X200 is THE clear choice for a Glock or an XD though, IMO. It'll be very nice when the HK45 comes out, because it has a real rail system.

I might just get an Insight LAM for my USP Tactical instead, though. They make one specifically for it the same way they to for the Mark 23. I have an M2 UTL on it right now and it does what it needs to do. Kind of a temporary measure, and it's nice that it fits both my Tactical and my Compact.