Super accurate 9mm?

Sevens

I believe that it’s a cop-out to claim that most shooters cannot shoot as well as most guns, and in a discussion that is very specific to accurate 9mm’s and discussions specifically of accuracy, this tired old gun forum trope comes across as a thinly veiled insult.

(sneer) “Meh, most cannot shoot as well as an average pistol, so most have no use for an accurate one.”

It’s complete nonsense. All but the WORST shooters can benefit from a pistol that is more than ‘combat accurate.’

I absolutely love stepping up to the line with a handgun (and ammo) that leaves no questions and places no doubt, so that I can focus on doing my part and I’m sure that when I see the results, I know exactly how I got the results.

I am not an accomplished competition shooter, but I’ve got more gilt-edged accurate handguns than “the average guy” owns handguns.

I’m not the finest shooter in all of the land, but I surely appreciate the guns I’ve chased after and I’m reminded when I’m shooting paper targets, because all of the evidence is right in front of me, very little is left to chance.

Jim Watson

We have apparently scared off the OP and do not know what he considers "super accurate" or what his budget is or what his actual application is.

Scorch

I'm amazed. You guys keep talking about the same old designs when you're looking for something different. If you want different results, get something different. Designed to be more accurate from the get-go, not an accurized version of anything else.
http://laugoarms.com/alien.html

bac1023

I'm amazed. You guys keep talking about the same old designs when you're looking for something different. If you want different results, get something different. Designed to be more accurate from the get-go, not an accurized version of anything else.
http://laugoarms.com/alien.html

The Alien is definitely a very accurate pistol, but its not going to outperform the guns already spoken about just in terms of accuracy alone.

44 AMP

Staff
Mechanically, pistols usually deliver the most accuracy when the barrel and sights don't move in relation to each other, a bit lower potential when they do move but in the same plane, and a bit less when they move in more than one plane.

The tilt barrel lockup is typically less accurate, POTENTIALLY, than some other systems, but one can easily find individual guns that shoot better than others in all systems.

What's the goal? All shots in the same bullet sized hole is the ultimate possible. Few handguns or handgunners are good enough to do that, so we accept less and strive for the best we can do.

The gun is only part of the system. So is the ammo. Those can be tested with a machine rest. The other part of accuracy is the shooter. And that can only be tested by the shooter, actually shooting.

chris in va

I know a guy with a Pardini GT45, he uses it for bullseye competition and recently went to Camp Perry. He also mentioned it's temperamental and breaks a lot.:D