Super accurate 9mm?

chris in va

I may be looking at a 'target' style 9mm. So far the Cajun Gun Works accurized Shadow 2, a TS 2 or a Sig p210 'Standard' model. Any thoughts on these and any other suggestions would be appreciated.

highpower3006

If you want accuracy, get a Sig P210. I have no idea of what it costs to have Cajun Gun works redo a CZ, but I bet that it will be at least the same price as the Sig.

Siggy-06

I have a stock Shadow 2 and it's trigger as-is is one of the best da/sa triggers I've felt. I would also recommend a 9mm 1911 with proper target sights and trigger job.

Jim Watson

Why a P210 Standard? If you want "super accurate" you could benefit from adjustable.
They don't make the Standard model any more, anyhow, just the Target and Carry.

I don't know how accurate a CJW is, I have not heard of anybody shooting bullseye competition with one.

After that you get into $eriou$ stuff.
Maybe a Pardini GT9 or a 1911 set up for CMP EIC or PPC.

wild cat mccane

A 1911 is the Browning recoil operated design. Bushing is part of lock up.

Modern pistols are NOT a Browning recoil operated design. They are a Peter modified Browning recoil design. A bushing does not lock up a Peter modified design. Barrel lock up is at the barrel lugs.

Therefore I disagree that a CZ with higher expenses for a bushing is more accurate than other CZs. Same goes with the o-ring barrels on some HKs (VP9L, Tac, Expert, etc).

Brian Enos has some great threads about removing both bushing and o-rings experiencing zero change in accuracy.

Just so you know, Peter modified designs, bushing doesn't control lock up--by design.

Alan0354

Just a side question, any 9mm that can compare to a good 1911 45ACP in accuracy? I have a Colt Goldcup that I accurized. Its very accurate, at least as good if not better than my Ruger MarkII bull barrel.

74A95

Just a side question, any 9mm that can compare to a good 1911 45ACP in accuracy? I have a Colt Goldcup that I accurized. Its very accurate, at least as good if not better than my Ruger MarkII bull barrel.

A top 9mm will shoot better than a top 45.

https://chamberscustom.com/about-us/

"His 1911 style pistols in .45acp shoot 10 shot groups at 50 yards between 1.100” and 1.500”, with the average of 1.350”. The guns built in 9mm and .38 Super average just under 1.00” for 10 shots at 50 yards."

Alan0354

A top 9mm will shoot better than a top 45.

https://chamberscustom.com/about-us/

"His 1911 style pistols in .45acp shoot 10 shot groups at 50 yards between 1.100” and 1.500”, with the average of 1.350”. The guns built in 9mm and .38 Super average just under 1.00” for 10 shots at 50 yards."
Thanks, good to know. I am an old timer, 1911 was the ONLY choice at the time(late 80s).

I do NOT like 1911, it's so old and out of date.

bbqncigars

Shooting the same ammo, there is no difference in rested 50yd accuracy between my 210 Target, CZ TSO, and my Canik TP9SFX. I did some polishing on the latter and now they all have comparable triggers.

rock185

The higher end CZs come highly recommended. A family member owns one that I have handled, but not had the opportunity to shoot. It was very precisely fitted, and I suspect capable of excellent accuracy.

I have owned Swiss, German and US P210s. All are very precisely fitted, and have factory triggers in the 3#-3.5# range. I don't have a machine rest, but I've not had pistols that shot smaller groups from the bench in my hands.

I do think you'd want adjustable sights on a target pistol. Not much fun to have a good pistol that shoots great groups, but not to your point of aim. I've drifted fixed rear sights, and changed fronts or rears to get the group centered where I want it, with this or that ammo, at whatever range, etc. Then changing ammo or shooting at a different distance, etc. POI may, usually will, change again.

P210, CZ or whatever target pistol you decide on, I'd suggest adjustable sights...YMMV

Willie Lowman

I have a CZ TS2. The trigger from the factory is amazing. My only complaint is that it comes with fixed sights. It shoots close enough to point of aim that I am not going to change them. I shoot USPSA and the targets are typically silhouettes.

If I were going for maximum accuracy, I would go with the CZ TS Orange, as it is the model one step above the TS2 and it has adjustable sights.

bac1023

A 1911 is the Browning recoil operated design. Bushing is part of lock up.

Modern pistols are NOT a Browning recoil operated design. They are a Peter modified Browning recoil design. A bushing does not lock up a Peter modified design. Barrel lock up is at the barrel lugs.

Therefore I disagree that a CZ with higher expenses for a bushing is more accurate than other CZs. Same goes with the o-ring barrels on some HKs (VP9L, Tac, Expert, etc).

Brian Enos has some great threads about removing both bushing and o-rings experiencing zero change in accuracy.

Just so you know, Peter modified designs, bushing doesn't control lock up--by design.

There’s more to the Orange than just a bushing.

As for bushings enhancing accuracy, ever shoot a Performance Center PPC9 or 952?

L. Boscoe

Super accurate 9mm

If you have an unlimited budget, got to the bullseye forum and read
the "show me your pistol" post. Pardini, Cabot and a few others are
all there.
Personally, I like the Tanfoglio with the bull barrel, and Les Baer 1911 come with a guarantee of 1.5" groups at 50yds with additional cost of about $300.

Skans

My most accurate 9mm is my Sig X-Five, 9mm. I would look at trying to find a good used X-Five Level 1. It isn't just a little bit more accurate - its so accurate that I feel like I'm cheating when I shoot it competing against others. I personally like the earlier ones without the rail on the bottom, which are totally useless in my opinion.

pix821574730.jpg

wild cat mccane

That's fine.

I only said the modified Peter/Browning design does not get lockup by a bushing. By design.

There is nothing technically inaccurate with that statement. The "Peter" modification part is the barrel lock up is at the lugs.