Summer Fun in Northern VA

Jamie Young

My score was 22. I thought it was higher than that. I believer you were only a couple away from me. I usually shot well when I concentrated. I have trouble relaxing and following threw. I didn't have K80Geoff hawking down on me to "follow threw" so I kinda fell apart towards the end. I like the last stand, with the "rabbits."

I also noticed I do better on fast clays rather than the slow ones. If I have too much time to think, I crack.

Soda, my swing and follow through just positively STINK.

I'm considering taking a class or two to hopefully get some work in on the basics.

I was also having some problems picking up some of those clays coming out of the trees.

Jamie Young

Black on black is kinda hard to pick out isn't it.:( I guess that one where we were all under the trees was pretty hard.

I get better with practice. I have a tendency to yell PULL before I'm really ready. I think we all should have done the "wobble" first and the field second.

Yeah, wobble first would probably be best.

I'm interested in trying the 5-stand one of these times, as well. Looks to be an interesting variation on sporting clays.

K80Geoff

5 stand is indeed a microcosm of Sporting Clays. A well set up course can be challenging.

J & P Sporting clays on the Eastern shore has one set up on a pond. Very difficult.

As to target color. At the Remington School years ago they threw GREEN targets in the woods. :rolleyes:

And at a Connecticut Travellers shoot three years ago it snowed, and they had WHITE targets:eek:

Come to one of Soda's shoots at W & W, hey have a decent 5 stand.

Get that tricked out Beretta yet? :D

David Park

Pictures!

Here are the few pictures I took at the meet, fresh off of PhotoCD.

tfl-20020811-1.jpg

Roadrunner demonstrates proper shotgunning attire. You can't really see it (white letters), but his screen name is on the back of his shirt. :D

tfl-20020811-2.jpg

SodaPop aims for a clay in the distance as the rest of the gang look on. You can see the clay just to the right of all the dead branches. :eek:

tfl-20020811-3.jpg

SodaPop, shooting his new 870. In the background is the entrance to the woods area of the course, but unlike last time most of the stations were out in the hot sun.

tfl-20020811-4.jpg

Mr. James prepares to fire as Roadrunner watches.

tfl-20020811-5.jpg

Mal H waits to begin in some welcome shade in the woods.

tfl-20020811-6.jpg

The whole crew (except me) at the end of the day: Mal H, SodaPop, Mike Irwin, Mr. James & son, and Roadrunner.

Jamie Young

I gotta get My film developed. I still have a roll of film from the NJ shoot last year that's undeveloped. I'm still not sure about getting the film developed at My local store. Last time I got a bunch of pictures developed there of Me and My 9yr old Nephew with guns they gave Me dirty looks. I gotta get them developed soon. I'll post them as soon as I get them done.

Mal H

Staff
Very nice pictures, David. Now we have to urge SodaPop to get his developed so everyone can you also. I used Soda's camera to take several shots of all the shooters at the wobble trap stand.

David Park

Mal, I think I discovered your problem -- you were holding the shotgun upside-down! :p

Soda, don't feel bad, I also had pics from my Colorado trip (May 2001) on the same roll. This was the first time I got a PhotoCD, and I was pretty happy with the results. The digicam is ready for the NJ meet, and I'll try to avoid so many rear-end shots this time. :eek:

Jamie Young

Sorry I didnt' get to edit all the pictures (too much black around the pictures).

I have a bunch more, of the the course, but I don't see any from the "wobble" trap. It looks like none of them turned out. I got charged for a roll of bad pictures so I'm going to go back and see what happened. They were all on a roll where I took pictures of my gun collection for insurance reasons. Hmmmm...............:mad:

I have to figure out which course was the one where Mal H stole my shotgun.;)

"Hey! This isn't my shotgun!!":D