Stoeger Cougar vs. CZ 75D PCR

bigkrackers

I pick it up Monday. I can't wait. Been looking at some holsters, wood grips and spring replacements but I'll get used to the gun first before doing any mods. I'll put up pics as soon as I can.

Pilot

Holsters designed for the Sig P228/P229 typically fit the PCR, even though the PCR is somewhat slimmer and slightly more compact overall. I carry mine in a Bianchi Shadow II, OWB and it works great. No movement at all in the holster. I find my Sig P228 very tight in it, but the Sig sits in the safe, as I greatly prefer the PCR.

Last edited:

bigkrackers

Just picked up my PCR yesterday.

My initial impression is "solid". You don't get that feeling in anything other that all metal. It's the same feeling when I pick up my SA 1911-A1 or my Ruger GP100.

I have large hands but this gun feels great. I can see where the rubber base plates for the mags might come in handy at some point but very happy with how the gun sits in my hand.

I will be replacing the rubber grips. For the range those grips are probably comfortable but I'll be using this gun as a cc so I'll splurge on some nice wooden grips.

The sites are okay and should be fine for the time being.

I haven't taken it out to the range yet, haven't even been able to tear it down yet, so I can't comment on shooting it. I have owned a 9mm in the past. Looking forward to getting reacquainted to the round.

I'll post pics as soon as I can clean it up. Never had a gun coated with so much packing grease. In fact, when I went to pic it up at my LGS the guy came out with the box and a paper towel.

bigkrackers

c6e4e2ba-cfef-b53a.jpg

Took the PCR right out of the case (didn't get around to breaking it down and cleaning it) and put 150 rounds of various factory loads through it without an issue. The center mass holes are the last 14 round of the shooting session with the PCR. The head shots are from a rented XDm 5.25 Tactical that my friend rented. All shots were from 21 feet.

armoredman

I did the same thing with my P-01 when i got it, still loaded with factory goop. not really a great idea, as that's shipping grease, not shooting grease, but all good. Looks like it likes you - congrats. :)