Steyr AUG A3 NATO

Bart Noir

Cyanide, in that triple-gun picture the AUG is not the same version as yours. There is an extra lever on the left side, just under the left-side brass exhaust port.

Is that a MSAR? With a bolt-release lever?

Bart Noir

Cyanide971

Cyanide, in that triple-gun picture the AUG is not the same version as yours. There is an extra lever on the left side, just under the left-side brass exhaust port.

Is that a MSAR? With a bolt-release lever?

Bart Noir
Bart, I know, I was just showing that picture as another example of how short the AUG is vs a typical SBR. Not sure if that is one of the MSAR clones, as I do believe the newest generation AUG (w/original, propriety mags) actually has the bolt catch/release lever.

That would be about the only thing I wish mine had but, I have already gotten very used to manually racking the charging handle after inserting a fresh mag. And like I have stated before, I am very happy to be able to use all of my AR mags, making things very easy! :)

stonewall50

I wonder if we will see any price drop on these ever? I would love to own one.

How easy is this to clean compared to an AR?

Cyanide971

I wonder if we will see any price drop on these ever? I would love to own one.

How easy is this to clean compared to an AR?
As far as a price drop I have no idea, but probably wouldn't ever get my hopes up.

Concerning cleaning, disassembly is fairly simple, and after almost 300 rounds my chamber and bolt are still relatively clean. Once I hit 500 rounds I will post some pictures, and then again at 1,000 rds. I may actually clean it at the 1k mark.

As far as disassembly goes, here's a quick video showing it:

https://youtu.be/I8ciQgtED9o