Stevens being discontinued?

reynolds357

I have built a lot of custom Savages over the years. They were all for my own enjoyment. My only hang up about building on a Savage action is that you can not sell the rifles for anything close to what it is worth. Build the same Custom on a Remington action and you can make a pretty penny on the build. The mostly un-educated about firearms buyers who are willing to shell out big bucks for a rifle do not want a Savage based custom. I would guess a custom with Stevens or Savage Axis on it would be dang near impossible to sell.

Picher

I never thought the Stevens name would last this long. It didn't seem like having two brand names was as profitable as it could be with just one.

My first rifle was a Stevens Semi-auto .22LR and first Centerfire was a Savage 110, '06. I also bought a couple of Model 24's, a .22LR/20ga and a .357 mag/20 ga. I wish I could say that I didn't have problems with all of them.

tobnpr

I have built a lot of custom Savages over the years. They were all for my own enjoyment. My only hang up about building on a Savage action is that you can not sell the rifles for anything close to what it is worth. Build the same Custom on a Remington action and you can make a pretty penny on the build.

Fair point...but I think it is evolving, albeit slowly.
Any serious shooter that gets past the make, and maker, realizes it's all about the consistency of the platform.

I get it if it's a quarter minute rifle...but when I see someone asking three grand for a used, custom build that produces 3/4 minute targets I have to ask myself who in the world would pay that much, for so (relatively) little.