Steel Frame, Concealed Carry 9mm's

AustinTX

That's their strong point...while none, IMHO can compete with a well tuned 1911 or BHP in accuracy...for defensive carry the lighter weight model has more appeal.

The BHP doesn't belong in that sentence at all. Hi-Powers are absolutely nothing remarkable from an accuracy standpoint.

chaim

If I was to CCW a steel 9mm, I'd look to a steel S&W 39XX variation, a S&W CS9 (though were they steel or alloy?), a Kahr K9, or a 1911 (I have carried an Officer sized all steel Rock Island Armory 1911 at times just before switching to DA/SA, striker-fired and DAO exclusively for carry, though it is in .45ACP and not 9mm, and admittedly it was only for short periods).

Edit:
Not sure why I didn't think about it, maybe because the PCR and P01 (aluminum) tend to come to mind first when thinking of CZ carry guns, but the steel framed CZ 75B Compact would make a good all-steel carry if you are interested in a compact service pistol, and don't mind the lack of a decocker (you can manually decock if you are comfortable with that if you want DA/SA for your first shot, and you can use a 1911 style safety and carry cocked and locked).

Last edited:

Laz

It might be worth mentioning that the Sig P365 has a sub-frame, the fire control unit which is the serialized frame, which is blackened stainless steel. Only the replaceable grip frame is polymer. The discontinued DAO Sig P290rs also has a steel sub-frame.

Bill DeShivs

There are a gazillion Star BM models being sold surplus right now. These are excellent guns and are pretty inexpensive. The safety on these is better than the Colt-type.