Steel frame 9mm

JohnKSa

Administrator
Also Beretta 92...
The standard 92 has an aluminum frame. There have been a few (rare and very expensive) steel frame variants.
There is no pistol inherently more accurate than the CZ.
They're pretty accurate, but even assuming we're limiting the discussion to only locked breech centerfires (given the thread context) there are still some fixed barrel designs in that category which are almost universally thought to have better inherent accuracy than any floating barrel design.

DubC-Hicks

I'd go for one of the versions of the CZ-75. I bought the CZ-75B SA a few weeks ago. I'd never shot one before, and the first time out, I put 16 rounds in one ragged hole. I've never shot anything else like it. And the ergos are just perfection to me.

Wwrhodes91

I wonder if the shadow target is worth the premium. Seems to have all the upgrades I would consider. Not many votes for 1911

ParabellumJ

I wonder if the shadow target is worth the premium. Seems to have all the upgrades I would consider. Not many votes for 1911

If you are looking for a target gun out of the box the shadow target is ideal. Pricey, but like you said if it has the upgrades you want then it is perfect.

I love 1911's, just not in 9mm. That is a 45 only for me.

Wwrhodes91

If you are looking for a target gun out of the box the shadow target is ideal. Pricey, but like you said if it has the upgrades you want then it is perfect.

I love 1911's, just not in 9mm. That is a 45 only for me.

The price increase seems excessive unless I'm missing something. It is basically a 75 sp-01 with a trigger job and better sights right?

1hogfan83

Buy the CZ 75, do yourself a favor and fix the trigger, put some sights on it, and you'll be saying, "Sig what?". You do all that and it will still be less than the cost of a SIG.

ParabellumJ

The price increase seems excessive unless I'm missing something. It is basically a 75 sp-01 with a trigger job and better sights right?

I would agree. The 75b has great value around $500. Like I said, with a trigger job and sights if your choice you will have a grim from ear to ear. I shoot mine basically stock with only a set of grips and a lighter hammer spring and It shoots phenomenal.

Martowski

I guess I'll be the one person who the CZ-75 did not work out for. I had one for a number of years and tried very hard to get it to work for me. However, the long trigger reach, even in SA, didn't fit me. And the trigger with his "no so smooth" cam action at the end of the pull seemed to throw me off.

It was a great pistol and I'm sure is the bees knees for some, and it never failed to fire. However, I didn't shoot it near as well as I shoot my Beretta 92fs (alloy frame, not steel).

In a "metal" framed 9mm that's a soft shooter, I'd recommend the Beretta or a 1911 in 9mm. My STI Spartan is a great shooter, and the heavy metal construction and balance of the 1911 really soaks up the recoil.

vulcan73

One of my 9mm's is the CZ75BD and won't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. She's a range gun so the "BD" is a feature I don't use at the range. The gun is super smooth and accurate.

Regarding a softer recoil than with a 45ACP, the 9mm should be less but that depends on the specific gun/powder/bullet weight combination you are using. I find SR7625 and SR4756 have significantly less recoil than with HS6 or HP38 for the same bullet weight. Reloading manuals give the same pressures, velocities and accuracy with the "SR's" as with HS6 and HP38 yet with less recoil. I've decided to use the "SR" powders exclusively for my 9mm loads.

I'm leaning on acquiring a Rock Island 1911 in 9mm for various reasons. I've read numerous reviews and watched Youtube videos on this piece but I'm not ready to "pull the trigger" (ouch!). I've read a few reviews where the reviewers say that internal parts deteriorate quickly. I need more information on that before I commit to buy.

All things considered, I'm having great fun at the range with my 9mm's testing different loads and guns.

lamarw

I agree with any of the Beretta 92 series. Then for less than two hundred bucks you can still pick-up a banned NORINCO 213 that are still floating around and available.

Freakingstang

I love the CZ's.

I also love my all steel rock island 9mm compact 1911 (officers sized). And for the price. You can't beat it with a stick. Bull barrel, very accurate and a great trigger out of the box.

WESHOOT2

coulda had any

Sold my custom 9x19 1911; in this cartridge its limited capacity made no sense.

Loved the CZ75 ergos, but bought a Witness clone (in 1994) due to price.
Sent some money having a match Nowlin barrel hardfit (by Mr. Bob Cogan; stunning) and it remains one of my most accurate guns.
Bought its twin a year later and still shooting both.

The 92 is too big in its grip.
The SIGs point funny, have a high bore axis, stupid controls, and aluminum frames.
The S&W choices are either too fat or of limited capacity.
The HP has sharp edges it presents to my gripping hand.

Whiny and particular, ain't I?

WIN1886

Any time I've seen a Sig 226 or 229 Stainless Elite( all steel version ) advertised for sale they are gone in a day or two....plus they are spendy ! I'd love to own one !

I have a Browning Hi Power which is an excellent quality all steel 9mm pistol if you don't mind a SA and I would recommend a trigger job for target work ! I consider mine a very nice service pistol that would be an awesome one if I could get the trigger to around a crisp 4 lb pull !

I just purchased a Dan Wesson PM-9 ( 1911 chambered in 9mm with adjustable target sights ) ! Excellent trigger , excellent frame to slide fit , all forged stainless frame & slide , and the most picked up and admired pistol in my quiver right now ! :) Dan Wesson's are a part of CZ USA now and from what I've seen they put out great stuff !

Lots of nice pistols out there....good luck !