Springfield XDE

smee78

So who else got an email about the new Springfield XDE? Says small compact and an everyday carry piece. April 28 we will see.

smee78

You will just have to wait...lol. I was not impressed about their last announcement (saint) so I'm not to hopeful.

sserdlihc

Who knows? But we shall see tomorrow.

I was excitedly, let down by the Saint. Coming into an already overcrowded market in the AR arena, didn't score any points with me.

Jim Watson

Another variant on the XD series does not interest me.
On the other hand, a guy here has one of almost every current model and will no doubt add this one if it seems to fill a niche.

Lohman446

Am I the only one horrible unimpressed by Springfields "new" marketing department? Attempt to build up hype and then deliver another gun already built by multiple reputable companies?

TunnelRat

Am I the only one horrible unimpressed by Springfields "new" marketing department? Attempt to build up hype and then deliver another gun already built by multiple reputable companies?

What firearms in the last few years are really "new"? The vast majority of them are variants of designs already on the market. It's not just as issue that affects Springfield, but all the manufacturers. In an effort to get a piece of the AR and polymer framed striker fired pistol pies almost all now offer an option in those areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lohman446

The "information coming soon" thing annoys me more than the lack of innovation. Its being built up as something and then its... well more of the same.

TunnelRat

The "information coming soon" thing annoys me more than the lack of innovation. Its being built up as something and then its... well more of the same.

That's fair. The same was true for the Saint. They put a lot of effort into marketing something that really didn't need it. But I think they're all trying to do anything to drum up interest and sales. I think the next few years are going to be hard for the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmhyer

Sort of makes me think of Ruger's introduction of the 9E vs. their already-existent SR9. Maybe Springfield is trying to make a still-good product that's a little less expensive to make, in hopes of dropping the street price $100 or so.

sserdlihc

18157929_10209359062394881_2429915570175279221_n_zpssjlxuq3g.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DubC-Hicks

Hammer fired XD? Count me in as very interested. Could be the FNX9 I always wanted, except with aftermarket support.

And I don't even like the XD line :D

Lohman446

I was interested.

What I envisioned: hammer fired, XD style grip safety

What I see: hammer fired, ambidextrous manual safety, no grip safety, still have to deal with XD style magazines that IMO are "backwards" by feel.

I was figuring out what I was going to replace to get the new XDE I envisioned. Now I do not have to worry about that.

wizzamen

:(:confused::(:confused::(:confused:

Springfield Armory doesn't seem to have a clear vision for it's company, several underwhelming product announcements these past couple of years. I hope Springfield doesn't become the next Charles Daly. Springfield needs to concentrate on making better products, not just more of them.