Speed Six

j frame

Just bought a Speed Six in stainless and .357 yesterday with the 2.75" barrel. No box or papers, but a nice, clean gun nonetheless. Reckon $350 OTD with tax and everything was a fair price? I've never owned one of these, and I was actually looking for a snub K frame Smith, but the prices on those have gotten plain stupid.:eek: So the Ruger it was. It was the closest thing I could find to a three inch Model 65 Smith, and I came home with money in my pocket to boot!

paddling_man

Very nice deal. A good 2.75" Speed Six has been on my list for a few years now but I keep missing the good deals. They're out there for $300-$350. It's just that they come up so rarely that some folks want to make a mint and try to get $500 for one.

The one that got away? One of the Postal Service Speed Six. I still covet one.

Congrats!

Huskerguy

I was at a show yesterday in Hastings, Nebraska and found one. I have been looking at well. It was a stainless model, fairly beat up, most would polish out, some deeper cuts would not. The price was closer to $400 for that one. I just kept walking. I have a security six and love it. Accurate guns and dependable.

tekarra

jframe,
You did okay on that deal. The Speed Six is one heck of a revolver and it will give you years of service.

j frame

Asking price was $399 plus tax and I thought, what the hell? I offered $325 out the door, but they shot me down pretty hard, so I went $350 tax and all, and took it home! Polished out a place or two, still has factory grips similar to S&W magnas. Gun is looking better and better. Wish I had some slick wood grips like I see so many SP101's wearing, but I haven't really took time to look.

The Terminator

Here is mine, 2.75" barrel. It is my daily ccw piece. Love it. It is in 99% condition. $409 OTD. The gunsmith at the shop saw it at the same time, and really wanted it, too. I could not put it down, or he would have snagged it. Nice pistol.

Ah, this is a Security Six. ;)
securitysix.jpg

boa2

'terminator':

1)Your Security Six is truly nice!:)

2)I got lucky ten days ago to have landed an identical stainless 2.75" Security-Six to yours, with the red front sight insert in 99% condition. This gun was made in July of 1983. These are great guns and I'm thrilled to have found this one! :eek::D

sandbag

speed six

j frame-I carried one on the job for years-it was very accurate at 25 yds-it's the only gun I ever "cleaned" the course with-it also makes a swell blackjack:D
I survived being dropped on concrete many,many times.Let's just say i was clumsy.

speedsixman

I have a Speed Six marked USDA on the side. Picked it up in almost new condition about 17 - 18 years ago for $250.00 or so from the police trade-ins at a local shop.

Myron

Deaf Smith

Terminator,

Mine is just like that one you are displaying but I turned it into a RB confuration and put Secret Service stocks made for a Speed Six!

Yea that gun is the cat's meow!

Deaf

madmag

Here is mine. 2-3/4" .357 mag.

attachment.php

Simply one of the best revovlers in the world. Price sounds good for a SS Speed Six in good sharpe.

Last edited: