Special Test For Really Smart People

Southla1

Member In Memoriam
I met Elmer Kieth at the RCBS factory in 1965 when I was stationed at Beale AFB, just a few miles south or Oroville Ca. All I can say is I am honored to have met him. Wish I had the oppurtunity to meet Skeeter Skelton, and Bill Jordan (among others) but alas I did not have the chance.
IIRC the original .454 Casull loads used a TRIPLEX charge. I think it was bullseye, unique and 2400. Whew! That is pushing the envelope. I have pushed it with one powder, but never had stones big enough to experiment with duplex charges let alone triplex.

Quantrill

Bill Jordan

I did meet Bill Jordan in 1969 or 70 or both. He was an instructor at Camp Perry for the police instructor's course. He even signed a copy of his book, "No Second Place Winner" for my wife. Later on I introduced my daughter (age 12 at the time) to him. He was a real shooter and I treasure the time I spent with him. While at Camp Perry, one year, I also met Dan Wesson. He seemed a troubled man. I believe it was due to money problems that his new company (at the time) was having. Quantrill