So?

TwoXForr

Was just spouting off some more conspriracy drivel that I have heard in the past. I firgure point out how this conspriracies (sp?) bring up one absurd idea, I would bring up another past absurd idea that didnt really pan out.

nate45

That's an absurd, naive conjecture. Israel was under no danger from Iraq. Israel has nukes, plus the best-trained armed forces in the world. They could remove Iraq from the face of the Earth in seconds.

Absurd? Naive?

”Why would Iraq attack America or use nuclear weapons against us? I'll tell you what I think the real threat (is) and actually has been since 1990 -- it's the threat against Israel,” Zelikow told a crowd at the University of Virginia on Sep. 10, 2002, speaking on a panel of foreign policy experts assessing the impact of 9/11 and the future of the war on the al-Qaeda terrorist organization.

”And this is the threat that dare not speak its name, because the Europeans don't care deeply about that threat, I will tell you frankly. And the American government doesn't want to lean too hard on it rhetorically, because it is not a popular sell,” said Zelikow.
-Philip D. Zelikow Exeucutive director of the 9/11 Commision, Counselor of the United States Department of State under the Bush Administration.

Israel is Washington's biggest ally in the Middle East, receiving annual direct aid of three to four billion dollars. plus another 100 billion in indirect aid. No pro-Israel person on this fourm has ever explained why the U.S. Congress gives that kind of money to the 14th richest country in the world.

As far as the old line of Israel wiping the floor with the armies of the mid-east goes, they didn't look so good when they were in on the ground in Lebanon. They got a little bloody and why should they get bloody in Iraq or Iran if we do it for them?

more conspriracy drivel

Here are a few facts that may suprise you.

As America’s leading pro-Israel lobby, AIPAC is closely involved in public policy affecting the Middle East and the U.S.-Israel relationship. AIPAC provides daily updates and analysis on important legislation and policy initiatives.

Do you think thats conspiracy drivel? Here is where I got it from http://www.aipac.org/Legislation_and_Policy/default.asp

AIPAC is the most influential and well funded of all Washington Lobbys.

Here is another very good question, one that is never answered. Why is a foreign government allowed to lobby congress? A foreign government that is the largest recipient of U.S. foreign aid in the world. A government who many believe uses some of the very money we give them, to lobby congress for more money.

Was Israel the only reason we went to Iraq? No, but they were a major reason. Remember Saddam was involved with Hamas and Islamic Jihad and various other enemies of Israel. He was paying $25,000 to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers. There was the danger of biological weapons falling into the hands of these groups as well.

Currently AIPACS major argument is something must be done to stop Iran. Iran is a far bigger threat to Israel than Iraq was. They are lobbying hard for us to intervene. Coincidently (?) our armed forces are on both sides of Iran in Iraq and Afganistan as we speak.

Look I very well understand that their major tactics are to paint critics as A. 'conspiracy theorists" or B. 'anti-semetic" or both.(and its wearing a little thin) I'm neither, everything I've presented here are facts, not conjecture, not conspiracy theory. I have not demonized Israel nor called them names, I do not wish for their destruction, but when I say Israel is a major factor in all descisions made in the middle east, it is not 'conspiracy drivel' or 'absurd' or 'naive'. I would suggest those who do not recognize Israels importance and influence in mid-east foreign policy are the ones who are naive.

For better or worse we are the main protector, defender, and arms supplier to Israel and any honest, intelligent conversation about the events in the mideast should include them.

Last edited: