So, how many of you went shoot'n today?

Starsfan

Yes sir. A friend and I took the Garands and M-1 Carbines out for a little "fireworks" display of our own. There was just something special about shootin' those old war horses on the 4th of July! Plus he let me shoot his Trapdoor Springfield....what a hoot! Although my shoulder will hurt for quite awhile!

*starsfan*

Country Boy

My two brothers and I were together today for the first time in a year, so we went gopher sniping. I also showed my Navy brother my new .45, and he is now hooked!

Paul K

Yeah i went shootin... you could say that.

My dad is really into cannons (we got black powder cannons)
but now my dad snuck in a new cannon that is really big and fires 10 guage blanks, but my dad said its too good to shoot (its all beautiful brass) and so my dad baught this really tureley beautiful ALL CHROME blank cannon (10 guage as well) and we fired that thing off and MAN! what a noise! CERTANLY LOUDER THAN ANNY SHOTGUN IVE EVER HERD! :D I fealt the rumble in my chest and this HUGE Muzzle flash! This was the whole peak of the show!. Smoke everywhere, and such a loud noise for such a small cannon (well, small compaired to the brass one)

marv

Couldn't wait. I went yesterday after work. Just had to try out the new Ruger 10-22T that I bought Monday. It's a keeper.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Meddled around, yeterday, with an old Schutzen rifle. Falling block, single shot .22 rimfire, 28" octagon barrel. Tang-mounted peep sight, set trigger.

That ancient critter will put Federal high-speed stuff into a ragged hole at 25 yards!

Sorta quiet, too. Gotta try some CBs in it. :)

Fun time,

Art

Ewok_Guy

My brother and I unloaded our AK's into the sky last night (about 30 rounds each).
What a flash huh?!?! Best damn 4th of July I've ever had!
And don't worry, the worst place the bullets could have gone is into a nice tree. :)
One of my neighbors was putting on a fireworks show trying to impress everyone in the area. Then when we 'lit up' our Ak's, he was certainly put to shame!! :D

DAVID NANCARROW

Got out the whole battery. The Remington 870 (bird bombs are fun!), the 308 VS, the 3-1911's, the 10/22, the Swede 6.5, M94 30-30 and the Rem 270 and now I'm going to be reloading the whole battery for July 9th!

BigG

60 rounds rifle, M1A 7.62 mm. Nothing smells like surplus powder in the morning. Love that ammonia smell.

100 rounds pistol: 50 rounds 45 ACP Colt Gold Cup; 50 rounds 9mm Parabellum S&W 940.

I was so pumped. Wish I could do it every day! :cool:

Ledbetter

July 4

Happy Independence Day

I just attached a new tritium front sight to my Colt bright stainless officers' .45. This is to be my carry gun. Two gunsmiths have failed me in previous attempts to install a proper sight that won't fall out of the dovetail.

After 50 rounds of hardball shot at a large gong at 50 yards, I have concluded that the gun is properly sighted in and the sight did not move a millimeter.

Happy days. :D

Gewehr98

Took my freshly restored Springfield 1903A4 out...

After watching Saving Private Ryan for the umpteenth time, took my girlfriend's two sons out, along with an M14NM, 700PSS, and the aforementioned 1903A4. Here's the rifle:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=647681&a=12019370&p=44674225&f=0

Using some donated early 60's, sometimes-fires, sometimes-doesn't surplus ball from Paragon (Thanks, Rome!) the "old" WWII sniper turned in this group:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=647681&a=12019370&p=45367684&f=0