So...bought another German pistol

Citizen Carrier

They don't make Sigs in .38 super, do they???? Was it one of their 1911 models?

I seriously doubt they make them anymore. The used gun was on display at Blackwing Shooting Center in Delaware, OH for a good long time.

It was certainly an older model with the European style heel clip release.

It may have even been single-column magazine. The price kept me from taking too much of an interest in it...

alanyang

I did the same thing today

Hi all
Went to Top Gun Supply in Ohio today and left with a new SIGPRO 2022. 9mm with night sights made in Germany.
Have owned a P228 for many years.
went straight to the range with a few other handguns for the afternoon.
Even though I did not clean the new baby first ran a bit of oil along the slide and fired 30 rounds What a blast. Nice and smooth. The mags springs are very hard and one would not take 15 rounds .Sure the springs will loosen up a bit over Time.
Then about 50 rounds with the P228 . Love the P228, Like Butter
Then 50 rounds of 357 between my Colt trooper 4" and the Ruger GP100 6 "

Ended the day with a box of 22 out of the Browning 7'"

Now to spend the eve cleaning and oiling and getting to know the internals of the SP2022

By the way Top Guns is a great place to deal with . Nice people

Take care
Alan

Bart Noir

I don;t mind polymer but steel won out this time,

As pointed out above, the frame is actually aluminum, not steel. Although some SIG 220s are being made with all steel I think that applies only to the 220.

The 220 was the first of the SIG-Sauer models to be imported, starting in the late '70s, I think. They were marketed by Browning and said Browning on the slide. Some were in .38 Super. I don't know if any .38 Super Model 220 guns were marked SIG-Sauer. Maybe some were. These 220s were all guns using the Euro-style heel mounted mag release.

And yes, there are SIGs being made in the US of A now.

Bart Noir
Congrats on a darn good new/older gun.

Chris_B

Yup, hard coat AL, I could tell as soon as I took the slide off.

Took it shooting today. It needs a little getting used to, with the weight above my hand. Sights are not centered on the pistol either, I had to shoot 3" right at 33 feet to find the center of the target. I can actually eyeball the front sight to left of center, looking down on the slide

Flawless operation, I ran about 200 rounds. Really pleasant to shoot. I am going to swap out the 'bar and dot' sights for three dot; it will help my elevation issues shown here:

DSCF0052.jpg

I'll tighten that up to everything within the 9 ring next trip, no problem. The light is so crummy at the indoor range, too. I might try orange/green sights until I get the new ones

Chris_B

Oh, I forgot-

Thanks for the link to the manual, DBAR. Me being me, I monkeyed with the thing last night. I studied engineering a little bit and I'm a good amateur mechanic. I like to see how things work.

I was playing with the take down, trying to figure out how a faint rub mark was at the 8 o'clock position. Then I saw the pieces mated to the inside of the frame with the take down lever bar. Interesting...but I left it alone. I was remembering the time with my 1911, when a week after I got it I decided to swap triggers and shot a spring across the room...which I did'nt find for two days!

Well, long story short, I took out the SIG take down lever to see if there was a bur or something on it, and I also polished up the rub mark a little. So I appreciated the link to the manual a lot- 'course, it didn't tell me how to put the take down back in...wasn't that hard, that stuff never is too tricky. But now I see exactly how somebody once tried to put it back it wrong, and made the rub mark I polished out!