Small primer 45 acp brass

m&p45acp10+1

Priming is the only thing that changes on them. I save them up till there are enough to take a whole sleave of primers. Then I load them. I admit I save them for shooting in the places I am not going to be able to recover most of, if not all of when I am done.

They shoot and work the same. I use small rifle primers for all my small primer loading. Keeps me from having a small pistol primer end up in a rifle round.

New to reloading .45 Auto
I have purchased CCI Blazer Brass, Federal, Winchester and S&B 230gr FMJ. Also Federal Hydrashock 230gr SJHP. All are LPP.
When I do come across some SPP .45 Brass, I will keep it. I load on a single stage, so the only difference will be what primer I use.

shadowwalker

I load them for my Bond Arms Backup. I load lower powder because the Bond Arms just kicks the snot out of my hand after a few rounds. I can easily keep track of which rounds go to what gun.

JeepHammer

I saw a 'YouTube' video that featured a sorter, flipped the small primer brass out of a Dillon progressive.
Don't know if the guy later reloaded the brass or not...

I don't see any performance issues with small primer brass, so I'm inclined to reload them once the press sorts them for me, but frankly, I just don't road a ton of .45 ACP anymore.

willr

I like the small primer 45s because then I don't have to keep a supply of two different sizes of primer. Since there seems to be little, if no firing difference, why be required to have to keep both sizes?
willr

rodfac

No different performance wise in my guns. I save 'em, do a special run and use them without picking them up for field walks here on the farm. Chasing auto brass in the fescue is one of my pet peeves. Rod

Tsquared

I will take the SP brass once I remove it from the 550b and straiten out the mess. I will then prime it in the single stage press and throw the small primed casing in a bin. When I start a run on the 550 I by-pass the priming stage and use the primed cases as "test" rounds.

When I get 100 or more I take them to the snobby indoor range near work that discourages policing brass and shoot and leave behind. I also save any split cases and leave them behind as well.