Small, light, thin 380 for pocket carry

cw308

The easiest carry for me was a Walther PPK/S in 380 , being my daughter shot it better then me and she loved the pistol , well, it's her's now . The S&W 36 Chief snub nose in 38 spl. is the smallest I carry in a holster not my pocket .

Dedicated Pico Fan. Build quality is fantastic. I have two. One of them has more rounds fired through it than 4 of the LCP's I completely destroyed from shooting so often. And I have a size large hand. Shooting small barrel guns is my hobby. Shoot at least once a week. Getting ready to order another Pico just to add to the collection and keep in the safe. I also like the Kahr CW380. Both guns are very easy to shoot well and very mild, with little snap.
The op asked about thin, well the Pico is thin. I carry it many times in my watch pocket of my jeans. I like the way Beretta did the long finger extension on the mag. Makes for easy to pull up for quick drawing.

Sequins

I won't call the LCPII unsafe, but it's less safe than an LCP gen2 or a P3-AT.

and this is purely personal but the trigger on my LCP GEN2 is good. I shoot my Redhawk DA, my GP100 DA, and my SP101 DA and the gen 2 has the lightest trigger. For my frame of reference it's a nice shootable trigger.

I won't call the LCPII unsafe, but it's less safe than an LCP gen2 or a P3-AT.

and this is purely personal but the trigger on my LCP GEN2 is good. I shoot my Redhawk DA, my GP100 DA, and my SP101 DA and the gen 2 has the lightest trigger. For my frame of reference it's a nice shootable trigger.
I agree, I still have a LCP, do not shoot it any longer. But the LCP Gen 2 was actually a nice smooth DAO. Personally would not own a LCP ll. There has been a whole lot of controversy on the safety of that firearm. But that is my opinion, each to his own.

IAhunter

I bought a S&W Bodyguard .380 for my wife to carry. Nice little gun, reliable and surprisingly accurate. It just didn't work for her, as she lacks the hand strength to operate the slide. I didn't need it since my pocket rocket is a Glock 43, so I traded the Bodyguard for a S&W .380 EZ for the Mrs.

USNRet93

I bought a S&W Bodyguard .380 for my wife to carry. Nice little gun, reliable and surprisingly accurate. It just didn't work for her, as she lacks the hand strength to operate the slide. I didn't need it since my pocket rocket is a Glock 43, so I traded the Bodyguard for a S&W .380 EZ for the Mrs.
Not exactly a 'small light, thin 380 for pocket carry' tho...

Armybrat

The Remington RM380 is a good choice.
Not as small as the LCP, but is a softer shooter and the slide is easier to rack.

OhioGuy

I’ve been attracted to the build quality of the Pico, but the grip just feels way too small to me and I don’t have large hands. For small, thin, and light, I go with the LCP gen 2. (But usually depend on a P238.)
I've added a Hogue rubber grip sleeve. Required a little trimming but works well to improve the grip.

ms6852

I carry this, the SpringField 911 one in the chamber and 7 in the magazine when I work out and only wear warmups with an elastic band. Shoots great lighter than the Sig and the Micro Kimber and the magazines are interchangeable with the Sig and Kimber but are half the price. Also this gun is lighter than the Sig and the Micro. Night sights are very very bright at night. I like it a lot
KZR7mTdl.jpg

adamBomb

After handling some mouse guns, and working the slides and triggers, I bought the S&W Bodyguard in 380. Not saying it’s the absolute best, but it’s close in operation to my 380 EZ. It has a safety and I have enough of a comfort factor to handle and use it.

Thank you all for your suggestions and knowledge.

Good choice! When I saw what guns you were used to I was going to suggest the bodyguard. Hammer fired DAO and has a safety. I pocket carry it everywhere. I also have the LCP I and its just collecting dust in my safe. LCP II is not a gun I would feel safe carrying.

USPSUSMC

I love my Seecamp pistols (32 and 25s), indeed the tiniest. Though I can't imagine how the Seecamp in 380 wouldn't hurt the hand. Straight blowback which I forgot to mention the Bersa is also. The Seecamps are works of art and not in the same class as the very functional but plastic framed little guys.

I used to have a .380. A jewel for sure but torture to shoot. The middle knuckle of my middle finger got it from the back of the trigger guard every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

603Country

I’ve run a couple hundred rounds through the Bodyguard 380 so far. Cleaned it yesterday. Wasn’t hard to strip down. I’ve ordered the tritium night sights for it. I might leave the trigger alone. The pull is long, but smooth, and can be 75% taken up and then squeezed to fire. Works pretty well like that, though I have to wonder if I’d have that much trigger control in a stressful situation.

It really is an accurate little pistol. A SiL said he couldn’t believe how well I shot that thing. That said, the really accurate pistol is my 380 EZ.

USNRet93

I used to have a .380. A jewel for sure but torture to shoot. The middle knuckle of my middle finger got it from the back of the trigger guard every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Depends on the 380, IMHO. I had a Ruger LCP(second gen, NOT LCP2) and hated shooting that thing. Couldn't wait to get rid of it. Have a G42..seems like a 'goldilocks' 380 to me. A JOY to shoot, easy to carry, even pocket, with a 'ClipDraw'...love that little HG

What can I say, just bought my third Pico. Put 250 rds though it over the past few days. And like the other two, completely flawless. This one will be a safe Queen while I continue to shoot and carry the other two. These pistols just fascinate me. Build quality, reliability, mild shooting. So easy to work on with the modular design. I wanted this one for the Matt receiver.

TvcJcKA.jpg

Last edited:

Rapidrob

I've been carrying the Kel-Tec P3AT since they came out ( everybody copied them)
And the pistol will shoot anything I have loaded in it very well out to 25 yards accurately.
I had Kel-Tec do the "Extreme Carry" upgrade ( was 25 bucks ) and they installed a Hard chrome slide, stainless steel barrel, and stainless springs.I'm not sure if they offer that option any more.
No idea how many rounds it has through it. With the loads I carry the little .380 almost equals 9mm.

FargoFlash

Even though during the winter months I'll sometimes revert to carrying something full-sized (1911, S@W 610) for years my daily carry is the Bersa Thunder on a belt holster and a J-frame wheel gun (until recently a 638, not so long ago was suitably impressed with the 360 to invest in that) on a sleek and slim shoulder holster. With 8+1 of Speer Gold Dot the Bersa is VERY accurate out to 20-25 yards and does the job; as back-up I feel great about having that 360 wheel gun as my CIWS with 5 rounds of .357 magnum Federal Hydra-Shok Low Recoil, with two speed-loaders fitted with the same. I also like having the SA/DA on both.

The Thunder 380, with its low price point and superb reliability (my current Thunder has at least 7K rounds through it at the range with not one FTE/FTF/stovepipe, ranging from match grade and hi buck personal defense loads to the cheapest ammo available) is one of the great bargains of the personal defense/carry options out there. Just one man's opinion.

kymasabe

I'm with Sgt127 on this...Remington RM380 is a great gun. My daughter had a Taurus TCP that was total crap and a S&W bodyguard that was ammo picky. I've put a couple thousand rounds thru my Remington, its light, its comfortable to shoot and it eats everything and runs reliably. Under rated and overlooked.