Small .22 Fun Gun

Mikeyboy

I'm looking for a small .22 pistol for plinking. I already have a Ruger MkII but I'm looking for something smaller and easier to carry. My options are;

Walther P22
Taurus PT22
Beretta Bobcat
Bersa/Firestorm .22

The gun needs to be light, reliable and accurate. I'm currently leaning toward the Walther. Anybody want to share their experience owning or using these .22 and which would you think is the your top pick.

PSP

Best choice is P22

My Walther P22 is a very fun plinker. More accurate than I expected, easy take down for cleaning, adjustable sights, good price, adjustable grip...what's not to like.

The Taurus is a know jamomatic.

The Beretta is quite expensive, but well made.

The Bersa .22 is interesting, but I've never seen one listed for sale...they seem quite rare.

allenomics

Walther is a good plinker. Generally, it likes a variety of ammo brands.

Ruger has barrel lengths that might still work for you. One is a small 4" bull barrel.

fixboot

I plan on a getting into a suppressed walther p22 as soon as my tax refund comes in. You can pick up the gun and suppressor in a package on gunbroker for less than 600, plus the tax stamp.........assuming there legal in your neck of the woods......;......Fun? Me thinks so

jonas_357

I have the same problem, 'cause I also plan to buy a small .22 LR… I hesitate bewteen:

Taurus PT 22
Beretta 21 A Bobcat
S&W 2213
Walther P 22

But I think it will be the Beretta. I got more positive advices for this gun than for the others!

Regards!
Jonas

chris in va

The Walther looks to be a fun pistol, but when I held one the thing is too small for my largish hands. Something to think about.

waynedm

If you're rich, get a Volquartsen. Having a .22wmr or .17hmr in a semi-auto would make you the coolest kid on your block. You can even get 25 round mags for them.

G-Cym

I've got the Walther. It was my first gun actually. I still shoot it whenever I can, and it's never had more than a few ammo-caused misfeeds. I would go with the Walther if I were you.

BongoFury

I really like my Beretta 21A as a good pocket gun, but I wouldn't call it much of a plinker unless the plink is pretty close.

Snow Fox

My Beretta Bobcat fits nicely in a jacket pocket. it's good out to about 30 feet without appreciable lose of accuracy. It does have the weird quirk of ejecting straight back though. Getting brass on the head is distracting. The one that wnet down my bra was just wierd.