Small 22 DA revolvers

Bob Wright

PHP:
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][/COLOR]
Not being particularly fond of DA revolvers, I find the Ruger Bearcat to be a fascinating little revolver. Shoot this little revolver with CB caps or shorts for a bit of humor, or load it with more practical LRs for small game. For small game, emergency used only, as ts a mite small for serious small game hunting.

Bob Wright

Last edited:

Armorer 101

Bob, I keep a Bearcat for instruction. It is a great little tool for teaching first time shooters, sight picture, trigger squeeze, safe handling and it fits a small hand of a lady or youngster. It is without any real recoil issues. I have been teaching and coaching since 61. My Dad was in charge of qualifying troops, he would take me to the range with him, I got the group that could not qualify, to help get qualified.

rep1954

Hey Bob those guns don’t look so small when I adjust the screen so I can read the post they run off the screen.

jimku

I have always had a crush on the little Ruger Bearcat, just never got one. I knew a cute gal back in the 70's who was manning (womanning?) a fire lookout in Ideeho when I was a Forest Service surveyor for logging access roads. Shot hers a couple times and it was an accurate little bugger.

TruthTellers

A 22 made to scale would be miserable small. They use to make a lot of them, the original Lady Smith is one of them. H&R and IJ both made them. Even the S&W was not made as a sporting weapon. Those and many others would fire a 22 cartridge but basically gut busters.
Smallest 22 DA of practical use is S&W 34 on J frame, earlier versions on Imp I frame. The next one up just a little bigger was Colt Diamondback. Other than these two the rest are more less second rate plinkers.
They may not be heirloom guns, but those small H&R .22's can do the job and were purpose built for deep concealment back in the day.