Small 22 DA revolvers

Rookie21

One that comes to mind, the Ruger LCR. It’s chambered in .22LR, and .22WMR besides it’s usual 38 Special +P. I’m sure there are other manufacturers as well. I think Rossi makes one called the Plinker in a short barreled version.

darkgael

Small .22 double action revolver....S&W 317 Airlite.

Attachments

• F13E86A0-BBDE-4448-B4C9-E372828E758D.jpeg
    F13E86A0-BBDE-4448-B4C9-E372828E758D.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

smee78

S&W and Ruger both make current production DA 22's that I know of. Check out Charter, Rossi and Taurus I'm not sure if they still are in production of 22's or not? I have heard good things about the Ruger LCR's having a better trigger than the S&W.

Armybrat

Doesn’t S&W still make a newer version of their Model 63?

Attachments

• C93DAB3D-8A17-4557-8129-A4413BD674D1.jpeg
    C93DAB3D-8A17-4557-8129-A4413BD674D1.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 51

Drm50

A 22 made to scale would be miserable small. They use to make a lot of them, the original Lady Smith is one of them. H&R and IJ both made them. Even the S&W was not made as a sporting weapon. Those and many others would fire a 22 cartridge but basically gut busters.
Smallest 22 DA of practical use is S&W 34 on J frame, earlier versions on Imp I frame. The next one up just a little bigger was Colt Diamondback. Other than these two the rest are more less second rate plinkers.

Cheapshooter

A 22 made to scale would be miserable small.
What's "miserably small" anyway?
Would that be smaller than my NAA 22 Short Mini Revolver?
That thing is an absolute hoot, and very popular with everybody that sees it.
I think a DA 22 somewhere between the Mini, and say my old antique S&W 32 Lemon squezezer would be fun.

9x19

I've let most of my old steel revolvers go, they were good guns, but their value to others far outweighed their value to me.

These days I get by just fine with my 3" Ruger LCRX models, and the .22LR is my number 2, just behind the .38 (I've never found another cartridge so capable of a wide range of chores... from small game hunting to self defense)... although the 9mm comes close in the right pistol.

The 3" has long been my favorite barrel length for a 'walking around' revolver.

Miserable small for WHO?
Not for me and many others.

Howdy

Well, I wouldn't say a Ladysmith is miserable small, but they were too small to be practical for me.

poxPg4eOj

I'm no giant. I'm 5'10" and where a large glove. But the Ladysmith is just too small for me to hold onto comfortably. In order to get my finger on the trigger properly, I have to hold it very high in my hand. Just doesn't feel very comfortable that way. (No I'm not a lefty, but I can't operate the camera with my left hand.)

pn236xgQj

An I frame is more comfortable for me. Smaller than a K frame, but bigger than a Ladysmith. (M frame) With some changes the I frame eventually morphed into the J frame. I frames are not made anymore, J frames are. The smallest S&W revolver you can buy today is on a J frame.

pmleL1laj

Bob Wright

Not being particularly fond of DA revolvers, I find the Ruger Bearcat to be a fascinating little revolver. Shoot this little revolver with CB caps or shorts for a bit of humor, or load it with more practical LRs for small game. For small game, emergency used only, as ts a mite small for serious small game hunting.

Bob Wright