Slowing down AR15 bolt cycling

HWS

Let me guess. The OP has tinkered around with the buffer and spring and found something which does not knock him back on his heels with every round BUT now he has a feed problem. Not every round but once or twice per shooting session, he experiences a jam. Nobody can figure out why and it is driving him crazy. Anyway, this thing happened to me.

After months of thrashing around I found a tiny post on the internet which basically said if you increase the buffer spring strength a corresponding spring strength increase is necessary for the mag spring to chamber those rounds.

I got mag stronger mag springs from MCarbo, installed them, and never looked back. My AR has not failed in two frickin' years, not once. MCarbo claims those springs of their will solve 70% of feed problems. It solve 100% of mine.

No, I do not work for MCarbo but I wish I did. Here is their link.

https://www.mcarbo.com/ar-15-extra-power-mag-spring.aspx

Just try one.

Geezerbiker

Let me guess. The OP has tinkered around with the buffer and spring and found something which does not knock him back on his heels with every round BUT now he has a feed problem. Not every round but once or twice per shooting session, he experiences a jam. Nobody can figure out why and it is driving him crazy. Anyway, this thing happened to me.

After months of thrashing around I found a tiny post on the internet which basically said if you increase the buffer spring strength a corresponding spring strength increase is necessary for the mag spring to chamber those rounds.

I got mag stronger mag springs from MCarbo, installed them, and never looked back. My AR has not failed in two frickin' years, not once. MCarbo claims those springs of their will solve 70% of feed problems. It solve 100% of mine.

No, I do not work for MCarbo but I wish I did. Here is their link.

https://www.mcarbo.com/ar-15-extra-power-mag-spring.aspx

Just try one.
Try reading the entire thread before jumping to the wrong conclusion next time. Even with a 1 tungsten weight in the buffer and a Wolf extra power spring, it still feeds fine and still cycles vigorously. I'm tied up with work right now so I won't be tinkering with it more for a week or two.

The problem with the mags is that they don't hold all the rounds they're supposed to and if you read the entire thread you would know that...

Tony