Simplify, simplify, simplify

Crow Hunter

I got the scope mounted on my new M&P 15-22 last night and did a comparison to my trusty old Marlin 881 with a 4x scope.

I set them both at 4x and just went through the motions of mouting them, aiming at different targets, safety on/off, carrying it around, cycling the bolt, etc.

I much preferred the feel of the M&P to that of the old Marlin, even though I have had and used the Marlin for nearly 20 years.

I plan on sighting it in this weekend and do some shooting comparisons.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

2damnold4this

Crow Hunter, it seems to me that you have simplified down to the perfect level. If you shoot the G19 better than the revolver, there is no need to sell the G19 and buy another revolver.

I got lucky and decided to simplify before buying to many different calibers.

I have 9mm, .22lr, 12ga, and 7.62x54r. Mostly because I can afford to shoot them, I have 3 .22s. I plan on adding .308 and .357 but other than that I think im ok.

Maybe a 20ga if gf ever gets into shooting.

keep the legacy guns, enjoy them for what they are. You'll regret selling them if you do.

T

Crow Hunter

I got lucky and decided to simplify before buying to many different calibers.

I have 9mm, .22lr, 12ga, and 7.62x54r. Mostly because I can afford to shoot them, I have 3 .22s. I plan on adding .308 and .357 but other than that I think im ok.

Maybe a 20ga if gf ever gets into shooting.

keep the legacy guns, enjoy them for what they are. You'll regret selling them if you do.

T

I have no intention of ever selling the legacy guns.

My thought was to get rid of the AR15/Glock/Benellis in favor of using just the legacy guns and getting a couple of additional guns that are the same type.

They would be the absolute last guns that I would ever get rid of, which got me to thinking that maybe I should just get down to those guns now instead of waiting.:D

For what it's worth, I also adapted this sort of mentality because in the last 6 years or so, Ive owned about 8 calibers in all respective categories of firearms. It was just too much ammo, too much variance in firearm action/consistency....and I felt I was only about 50% accurate with all my guns.

Now, I own/shoot .223, 9mm, and 45acp. I MIGHT consider a nice snub revolver purchase soon which would now add .357/.38

Now, I feel I am WAY more consistent shooting my guns and ammo purchasing/storing/inventory has become much easier. It all boils down to personal preference man. Just dont create TOO many rules for yourself that you will be unhappy with.