Simmons scopes--- There must be at least one person who is satisfied !

DMSC

I've have an Aetec (I used to have 2 but I sold one on a Browning A-Bolt II) and a ProHunter and have had zero problems with any of them.

twoinchgroup52

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the feedback. As others have analized it, it appears that with Simmons, those who bought the low end scopes were very dissatisfied, while those who bought the higher end scopes were very satisfied. Where the handgun scopes fall with respect to reliability I still don't know. Several people have said that JD Jones or SSK industries has endorsed the Simmons hangun scopes. But whether he endorses the whole line of handgun scopes or just a certain one I can't tell. It seems to be a crap shoot. So, in order to save myself possible future aggravation from the Simmons, I called my dealer and he agreed that although he already ordered the Simmons, he will order a different scope for me. My choice was a WEAVER 2.5-8x scope with excellent eye relief. Of course this was a bit more expensive, but it seems Weaver products carry more buyer confidence than Simmons. Boy would I be pissed if the Weaver scope crashes on me. Again, thanks for your help. Sincerely, Twoinchgroup52.

aerod1

I have a Simmons Pro Hunter on a .270 and it seems to hold zero and function just fine, so far.
Jim Hall

Mel Hoskin

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by twoinchgroup52:
I needed more power for my .223 barreled Contender. Traded in my Tasco 1.25-4x scope plus $55 for a Simmons 2.5-7x handgun scope. After reading the various posts on the various forums, all I read is that Simmons scopes are "JUNK". There must be someone out there who is at least mimimally satisfied with their Simmons scope. If so, please respond. I know it's not a Leupold or a Burris, but for a moderately priced scope is it possible that I could keep the slighest hope that this scope will perform adequately?? If not, I feel like I just tossed my money down the toilet! Please help me keep my dignity and tell me somebody in this whole wide world is satisfied with their junky Simmons scope. Sincerely, twoinchgroup52.[/quote]
Hi, I own a T/C contender with a 45-70 barrel and a Simmons pistol scope on it. Have put a couple hundred rounds down range with it, and have yet to have a problem with the scope. Have a 223 and a 7-30 Waters barrel also, these have T/C scopes on them. I am using a Simmons Aetec scope on a 7-08(I replace the Leupold that was on it, as I was not happy with it). Also have a Simmons on a Weatherby 7mm Mag and a couple of other rifles. Looking at the rifles in my safe just not, I find that I have Simmons, Redfield,Weaver,Nikon,Burris & B&L mounted on them. I agree with what some of the folks here have said, in that one does not have to buy a the top of the line to obrain a good scope. I try to stay in the middle when ever possible. However, there have been a couple of times that I did spend the extra $ to get what I wanted. Don't toss the Simmons scope you have out with the baby water until You have a chance to try it out. Might find that it will do just what you want it to.

Mel

------------------