Silenced lever gun?

scsov509

Here's one we built to throw out on the table at gun shows, .357 lever gun with a 9mm can.

Personally I think it's ugly as hell, but it's certainly an attention grabber and has given us some great opportunities to talk to guys about how versatile a suppressor can be.

chewie146

I'm not sure who made it, but a local class 3 up here (he since moved) had an integrally suppressed .44 lever-action Marlin. It was awesome to see. 300 grain subsonic loads were reportedly very quiet. I never got a chance to shoot it, but a friend did when he picked up a suppressor.

scsov509

That AFG is hilarious with the EoTech. Just makes me giggle.

It gets some great responses at gun shows, that's for sure. I get a lot of, "What the !*#% is that?" which is probably exactly what I'd say if it were me seeing it for the first time. Like I said, ugly as hell IMO, but a conversation starter nonetheless. Bottom line for the OP, you can indeed suppress a lever gun. :D

lcpiper

Perhaps an ACOG would look a little better.

BTW guys, I have noticed that the Rossi Ranch Hand pistols are sometimes refered to as a "Mare's Leg". Any insight into what truly was a "Mare's Leg" and was it every a production gun or was it simply a monicker for a cut down lever gun?

As I mentioned before I have been thinking about making an SBR out of a Ranch Hand and adding a suppressor but in truth I think I would be happier with a Marlin or Winchester as the base weapon for the build. I think the build quality is much better and easily worth the extra couple hundred given what the total costs will be.

OH, and I am not at all sure what caliber I should go with but was thinking of handgun caliber that is naturally close to subsonic so that going subsonic has the least impact, perhaps .45LC?

Beretta686

That is a bizarre looking level gun. I would be okay with just the can, but the EoTech and AFG just look silly.

That would of made more sense with Taurus' monstrosity:
grizzly_custom_guns_tactical_marlin_1894_package_picatinny_rail_forend_scout_1.jpg