Sight pusher rent/borrow.

Blindstitch

DaleA,

Even after lube it's a pain to push so I don't think it's going anywhere.

As for the idea of a gunsmith making an honest buck that's a different story. My grandfather was a gunsmith and mechanic ever since he got back from Korea. I'm a fan of gunsmiths but these days turnaround times can be a bit long. The local shotgun club gunsmith gave me an estimate on installing sling swivels and the wait was 6 months. It's what a 15 minute job? I must have installed 8-10 since then.

If I could walk in and have something done in a reasonable time for a reasonable price I would consider it.

One of the places I frequent the gunsmith has two locations 60 miles apart so there's only a 50/50 chance he will even be there. In fact I've never been there when he was.

DaleA

Thanks Blind-I understand your situation with the gunsmith. Quite a few years ago I took a revolver in to get a replacement rear sight blade (the factory one had come off and was lost...the revolver company was out of business...after six weeks I needed the gun back. No problem. He hadn't started on it yet. I made one myself that seems to work okay in about an hour. I still have and shoot the revolver.

Snyper

The local shotgun club gunsmith gave me an estimate on installing sling swivels and the wait was 6 months. It's what a 15 minute job? I must have installed 8-10 since then.
That's his way of telling you he really didn't want to do the job at all

Blindstitch

At the same time my friend had one of those $1400 bionic shotgun stocks there to get installed. After several months he went and got the gun and installed it himself.

A gunsmith like most of us at our jobs can be as picky as they want until the checks stop coming in. Little jobs may not pay much but good recommendations can come from it giving a lot better profit.

slided.jpg