Sig sauer Mosquito Vrs Ruger 22/45 lite?

osbornk

I can't say about the other guns mentioned but I bought a regular 22/45 Mark III Target model last week. It is easily the most accurate handgun I have ever had and it shoots any ammo I have found. I think the extra weight over the lite helps me with accuracy. With my other handguns, I have found that I am more accurate with the heavier guns than with the very light ones. It was one cent under my self imposed $300 limit.

Bottom Gun

I'm a big fan of Sig centerfire pistols but my experience with the Sig rimfires has been disappointing. I've owned both a Mosquito and Sig's .22 version of the 1911. The Sig 1911 .22 was probably the worst handgun I have ever owned. The Mosquito was a little better but not by much. The quality of both pistols was lacking.

silverstang23

22/45 lite. I love mine. Very nice shooter. The sky is the limit on mods too. I have too many friends with malfunctioning mosquitos. I couldn't be convinced to pay money for them.

dirtd0g

I love my Mosquito, but it is more of a "tactical trainer" than target pistol. We got ours to learn the basics for standard semiautomatic handguns.

If you want to hunt, plink, and bulls-eye get the Ruger.

mellow_c

My friend bought a Sig Mosquito. One of the best Jam O' Matics I've ever seen. Even with the "Sig Recommended" CCI Mini Mag ammo it was frequently having issues. And we are talking a clean and broken in gun.

I'd never even look at one to buy, unless it was a crazy low price. If you like that style you could probably go for a Ruger SR22 and have a nice reliable pistol. But if you want something that will be reliable, accurate, and fun to shoot, any of the Browning Buck Marks or Ruger Mark pistols will do well... This is all pretty much common knowledge, but I just felt like repeating it.:)

TomADC

I was close to buying a Sig Mosquito but after much research I think I'll pass, I'm a little disappointed as the centerfire Sigs are great. I've read article that say do this and that stick to this brand of ammo and they will work. Just not for me.

TomADC

Was thinking on the Rugers I like the lite, imagine my surprise when I found out they aren't on the DOJ roster so SOL for one of them.

9x19

Ruger offers a new color/shroud configuration every year, which means they'd have to give your state weenies new samples each time... I can understand why they pass.

TomADC

Ended up ordering a Walther P22 CA friend has one and has had good luck with it, I want to get the wife shooting again start small work up,

Overkil777 said:
Black Dog low ride:

Does it fit in the holster with that suppressor mounted? I ask because I got the Black Dog because it had the cutout or a red dot; but the 22/45 won't fit in the holster with the Silencerco Sparrow mounted. It is just a hair too wide.