Sig P938 thoughts?

sixgunluv

The 938 IMHO has great feel and pointability. A 938 in a OWB kydex paddle holster is as good as it gets for me.

A close second is the M&P 9c, again in a OWB paddle holster.

wjg686

Loved my P938 until . . .

I carried this for 2-1/2 years, shooting it regularly. Very accurate and I like the 1911 manual of arms. But at around 3000 rounds, the extractor broke, leaving me suddenly with a pound of metal in my hand (tolerable only at the range). I replaced the extractor and sold the gun after finding many photos of this exact defect in the investment cast part on the forums. Sig has still not fixed it.

tolesy

Interestingly enough I went the opposite route. I had the 938 and dumped it for the LC9s Pro. No matter how much I practiced I just could not get comfortable with cocked and locked. I also did not like the fact that when dropping a full mag the top round would come lose in the mag well or it would protruded half way out of the mag and cause it to hang-up rather than dropping free.

With that being said, I loved the accuracy of the SIG. As others have said the trigger does get better with range time. I do find the Ruger to be easier to conceal and I actually enjoy shooting it more than my old SIG as I am able to get a better purchase on the grip.

Lastly, The LC9s is noticeably thinner (I'm pretty scrawny and wear slim fitting business attire most of the time so it is tough for me to conceal most guns).

Both are fantastic choices. If you are comfortable with cocked and locked and do not mind the nuances of the SIG, I would go that route.

Good luck!

dontcatchmany

Here is a decent review.

The P938 did have some problems prior to 2014 ish. I got mine in Octoberish of 2014. This article gives serial numbers with the problems.

I have never had a problem with mine. I did have initial "mental" issues with SAO and cocked and locked but once I became accustomed to carrying it in my pocket with a holster (safety is not covered) for a month or so it is ion my pocket almost every day.

Hope this helps:

https://chrissajnog.com/sig-sauer-p938-review/

rcollier

Thanks to all the posters, I actually got out and shot the sig this week.
I enjoyed trying it out but after shooting a couple of boxes and holstering and drawing I am surprised to say that I preferred my LC9s. I was surprised that the recoil was a little more manageable, imho, with the Ruger than the Sig. Also the LC was slimmer in my iwb holster.
I still am much more accurate with my p320 than the Ruger but like the single stack for CC.