SIG P226 9mm Tacops

sigarms228

I just hate those extendo-mags. I'd rather have the relatively flush fitting 18 rd Mecgars

Me too.

Here is my $495 CPO P226 with the Mecgar 18 round magazine.

pp228-18ajpg.jpg

Mystro

The Short Reset Trigger is outstanding and worth the upgrade. The front slide serration is a must have as well. I have seen A report from one owner on YouTube about the extended magazines but that doesn't mean much other than his particular situation. Does your magazines say "made in Italy" on the side? If so, those are Mec Gars and the best you can get.
Congrats on a excelent choice.

My P229 Elite Dark says hi....
Sig1net.jpg

smokehouse4444

Nope. Unfortunately, they come with the Made in USA stamp on them. Wow, that is so pathetic when something has that stamp on it and you kinda cringe. Believe me, I am going to be really watching how these mags are working. The gunshop that I bought it from said if there are any problems, that it will be taken care of. I did see somewhere the Mecgar mags in 20rd I believe, and they fit much more snug up against the bottom of the grip. I may look into those one way or the other. Anyway, I still am reeling a bit at how sweet it shot. The wife and I are going Wednesday for some more.

By the way, that Elite is lookin nice!

smokehouse4444

Took the wife to the range today. Had a great time. We shot the Ruger Mark III, the Colt Mustang, the Ruger SP101, and the new SIG P226 Tacops. When I was shooting the 357's, the guy in the next booth tapped me on my shoulder and said his teeth were rattling everytime that thing went off. She loves her "wheelgun" and wouldn't take anything else in trade, but she was truly blown away by the 226. She just couldn't believe how smooth it was. I am amazed by it as well. This time out, I took just enough time during the "Mozambique" to catch the sights at about 7 yards, and there was basically two big holes at the end of the session...one in the face and one in the middle ring. Awesome.

I have had no problems with the mags, other than they still don't always fall right out when the release is pressed, but that was rare.

I have noticed some of the ammo arguments on this and other sites. I will keep using the CorBon 115gr +P with the CM9, but was trying to decide between the Ranger T 124gr +P or the Speer Gold Dot 124 +P. I decided to just have a mag of both! Ranger on the left, Gold Dot on the right. First mag will be the Ranger T's though.

So far I'm loving this one like I haven't loved a new gun since...well...since buying my P220 back in the eighties.

android004.jpg

android006-1.jpg

:D

Dragline45

I could really care less about a factory plastic box. I have a closet full of empty gun cases factory and non factory since none of my guns get stored in them.