SIG News!

mgobel

I also picked up a 220 ST from www.sportingarms.com. Tried it last night and, as expected,it shot well right out of the box.

Off hand groups under two inches at 50 feet (5 shots over 10 seconds) seemed to be the norm. I am sure they will be better as I get used to the gun.

Trigger is great and recoil is minimal!

Tom at www.sportingarms.com was very easy to deal with. I will do business with them again!

QB

I've purchased 3 guns from Tom at Sporting Arms and have a Colt Special Combat Government Competition on order through him. Thankfully I live about 10 miles from him and can just go pick up the gun when it comes in. Save shipping and FFL fees but that is offset because I have to pay sales tax.

Each gun I've asked for a quote on has come in LOWER or at the same price as the big dealers at the gun shows (certainly way lower than the retail shops).

Sporting Arms will get a lot more of my business in the future. Tom is working on a new web site where he will retail thousands of other items (accessories, ammo, etc). I don't beleive the site is up yet.

RT13

I am very glad to hear that about Tom at sporting arms. Tom and Becky as mentioned are great and as you guys said, provide probably the lowest prices on these quality handguns. They are able to get some hard to find guns and still sell it for a good price.

Yes the P220St as mgobel described is my exact thoughts on my first trip with it to the range. Very nice and solid, and very accurate. Goes to where you point it. But don't worry, you will dramatically improve even more as you go out and get used to the gun. I have been like that with all of my sigs. They always outshoot their shooters, so we are not alone on this. My groups were more tighter and farther at each time I went out. On my second trip, I was blown away with the improvement. At 50 - 60 feet, my groupings were all about the size of a quarter. The trigger pull also does and did get smoother after a few hundred rounds.

dsk

1.The SIG P220ST [all stainless slide and frame] will be a little later coming to the market. Apparently the pre-production prototype failed SIGARMS self-imposed 70,000 round test and is being redesigned. No launch date has been announced.

All-steel, yet it failed to last 70,000 rounds?!? :confused:

The alloy-framed P220 lasts at least 20,000. Considering few people will ever fire that much out of one gun it doesn't seem to make much sense to go all-steel. If you want an all-steel .45 go with a 1911!

Phillip

All-steel, yet it failed to last 70,000 rounds?!?

DSK, if you re-read the statement carefully, it states that the SIG 220ST failed the 70,000 round test. It does not state that it did not last 70,000 rounds. You imply that the gun fell apart, when the particulars of the failure are not known.
I know I would much rather have SIG Arms stall the release of a pistol than rush it to market only to have a slew of failures and problems. They did the same thing when the P229 was released in the early 90's.

Brandon French

I need Help

Please contribute to the "Brandon needs every gun produced by SIG Foundation".:D Poor Brandon, he just don't make $3,000,000.00 a year.

Be Safe

Brandon:)