SIG News!

Zander

1.The SIG P220ST [all stainless slide and frame] will be a little later coming to the market. Apparently the pre-production prototype failed SIGARMS self-imposed 70,000 round test and is being redesigned. No launch date has been announced.

2. A compact version of the SP2009, the sigpro SPC2009, is scheduled for release, possibly later this year.

3. The long-awaited SP2045, the .45ACP version in the sigpro line, is a definite go, but when it might hit our market is still in question.

4. No word on the rumored P221 which was to be a larger-capacity version of the P220, supposedly with a double-stack mag which would hold 14 rounds for the privileged and 10 rounds for the commonfolk.

blades67

That's not so bad, this just gives me more time to figure out how to convince the Boss Lady that I...er...We, yeah, that's it! We need one!;) :D

Dave P

232?

Any news on a "232 look-alike" in a more potent caliber? I would sure like to upgrade from a 380!

I think they should be able to fit 9mm in that gun!?

Zander

Dave P...

Since the P232 is a blow-back instead of locked-breech design, I don't think we'll see a 9mmP chambering.

I do like the idea, though. ;)

Thanks for the news!

Stainless P220 seems rather appealing. I'm wondering about the weight though. As one gets older, their ability to bear weight on the hips is affected. I gave up the old metal Steamlight SL20 for their smaller Stinger (metal) and don't regret it at all. However, this is a moot point for those who carry their guns in a shoulder rig.

sox

Do you know what this spc looks like? Back in November of last year there was a pic posted on the european sigsite I think. I spoke with a rep at sig and he thought they would be introduced at the 2000 shotshow, but not to happen. Any dimensional information etc.?

GeoJelly

Swiss Sig site

Sox - here's a url for a picture & info on the SPC 2009; I note with interest that they show the version w/ slide safety. I assume that addition is enable the SPC to be Mass/Kali

700PSS Shooter

The all-stainless P220 is interesting, but after shooting my used (just had to have police trade-in) heavy-assed all-stainless S&W 4506, I will stick with my Sig P220, the gun that made me a true Sig believer and caused a divorce with my Colt Combat Commander. ;)

Might be nice for competitive shooting though.

Love my P220 and P239 9mm.

mrat

4V50 Gary,
I read somewhere the weight is going to be 38 ounces. That is to heavy for me to carry around all day.:eek:

CZ_

1.The SIG P220ST [all stainless slide and frame] will be a little later coming to the market. Apparently the pre-production prototype failed SIGARMS self-imposed 70,000 round test and is being redesigned. No launch date has been announced.

How exactly did it fail this test? Did it fail in reliability, durability, or accuracy (or all of them)? I'm curious to know cause the 220ST is high on my "to get" list.

RT13

I don't know the truth and facts to all of this for sure. But some of these Sigs that are to come out may not even enter the states for awhile. Just like the P226SPORT is available in Europe but not here...yet.

Last edited:

RT13

"The SIG P220ST [all stainless slide and frame] will be a little later coming to the market. Apparently the pre-production prototype failed SIGARMS self-imposed 70,000 round test and is being redesigned. No launch date has been announced."

The few prototypes were developed about 18 months or so ago, and failed their self imposed test. Those were not sold to the market because they were "prototypes", and you don't sell prototypes to the public unless you are asking for trouble. They were originally release dated on spring of 2001. But held back due to this failure test. The next release date was set for August of 01 but they were behind in production. So they once again, but finally moved it and did debut its release in Fall of 2001, atlast. I waited for this gun for a long time but could not wait and ended up getting a blued P220. Then 9 months later it finally came out and had to get one. Texas of course got it quick while people in California as usual could just look, druel, and watch with envy at everyone else, hehe.:( However, the P220ST is already out and available in the market. But I think a couple states have not yet added it to their DOJ list. They are waiting for their blood money like the PRK did! I know California just approved it a few months ago and I just got my P220ST last November. But the production on the P220ST is still slow and a bit behind. They go off the shelves as soon as they arrive. I could not find one available in Cali, and those that did or were able to get them still not only had to wait a few weeks for its supply, but they were really trying to rip people off. The demand was high and supply was very very limited. I lucked out thanks to sigtalk.com where some guys found a real great reputable place out in Texas that was getting a pretty good supply of them for great price. We all ordered ours from there, and we are all happy. Got my gun in 1 week and saved about $250 by not buying it here in Cali. Even they ended up running out on these 220ST's. But I'm sure they have more by now. The shop is in Dallas called SPORTINGARMS.COM. I now wish for a P226ST!:eek: