sig 220 questions

629 shooter

Like some of the others mentioned - the trigger is way too heavy. My former P220 in 45 ACP was listed in the owner's manual as having a 4.4 pound single action pull as well as my current Sig , a P239. A quick check on my RCBS trigger pull gauge confirmed the listed pull weights were fairly accurate.

Unless things have changed recently - it has been a few years since I bought my last Sig.

I think you have made an excellent choice in the P220 - the "gentleman" you spoke to at the range sounds more like an ignorant jackass!

gunnoob

Well, at least I know that I'm not the only one with a heavy sig trigger. Picked up a new 226 less than a month ago, and was quite dissappointed with the trigger. It's nothing like the well used one at the range. The trigger pull was noticeably heavier than the trigger on my USP9. So I replaced the 21lb? hammer spring with a 17lb spring and now it's a little better. It also smoothed out and lightened after a few hundred rounds fired. Should be sweet after a few thousand rounds through it. .

Mine came with wear marks on the barrel that have since rubbed much of the black off the top and bottom of it.

blades67

If you're not happy with the trigger pull on you SIG Sauer pistol, use my patented 3K trigger job. Get three thousand rounds of standard pressure ammo and shoot the trigger smooth.:D