Should I trade my Pre-B for a new production CZ-75B?

Skarekrow88

I got my Pre-B just about completely refitted except for a new barrel.

Haven't shot it yet but the new magazine catch and spring seems to have resolved the issue of the SP-01 magazine being released so easily.

New extractor and spring, set of different weight (16-20lb) hammer springs, 14lb recoil spring, floating trigger pin and trigger return spring should ensure that it will run for many years to come.

Also threw on a set of LOK grips that I think look great with this particular pistol.

I ordered this magazine in hopes it would fit and function, and it does. However its very tight towards the end of its travel but I can remove the magazine by hand without much trouble.

I bought two baby eagle magazines made by Tanfoglio when I first acquired my Pre-B. One fits much like that of this new magazine I just ordered, the other gets jammed stuck before seating completely like many others I've tried. I use the latter in my Jericho II

So technically I have three magazines for the gun now.

Below are a couple of pictures of it after being refitted.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Last edited:

Skarekrow88

Something else I had been meaning to ask but forgot about until now is my pistol has a sizable gap between the slide stop and the frame when installed. It functions fine and always has so there's no current issues or any that I can foresee happening. I was just wondering if this was typical or is something weird going on here such as a different models/generations slide stop got installed in my gun at some point in its life maybe?

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about in case I didn't adequately convey it.

sevt_chevelle

Cz has different slide stops for the different frames.

Alloy and Shadow 2 guns have thicker frames, thus different slide stops.
You can put a S2 slide stop on a regular frame and have it work but it sticks out, much like yours is currently doing.

Remove the slide stop, you'll see a notch cut on the shaft that engages the retaining spring. Measure the distance from the backside of slide stop to that notch.

Hope you didn't put a Wolfe extra power extractor spring in. They will cause malfunctions, CZ custom, cz usa and cgw all state this.

Also read your thread on the cz forum, the extractor pin only goes one way. Drive it from the topside, out into the bottom of slide.

Skarekrow88

Remove the slide stop, you'll see a notch cut on the shaft that engages the retaining spring. Measure the distance from the backside of slide stop to that notch.

I measured this distance with digital calipers and it came out to 0.95" while the approximate distance from the retaining pin to the outside of the frame (where the slide stop should be) is 0.85"

Hope you didn't put a Wolfe extra power extractor spring in. They will cause malfunctions, CZ custom, cz usa and cgw all state this.

I didn't, I ordered a Wolff XP extractor spring with the hammer springs as a backup but replaced the old spring with CGW's extractor spring.

Also read your thread on the cz forum, the extractor pin only goes one way. Drive it from the topside, out into the bottom of slide.

I finally got it out but all of the guides that I read said the pin should be hammered from the bottom out through the top which is what I did.
"Tap out the extractor pin. Drive the little pin out from the bottom and out the top. This helps keep vibration from letting the pin slip down into the gun, which would be predictably catastrophic."

I didnt notice much of a taper to the pin when I got it out, just a tiny bit on the top of the slide side. The new pin from CGW had a slight taper on one end but easily went in through the top of the slide when installing.

Last edited:

SDDL-UP

Yikes! One magazine! I can't think on any of my newer CZ or Mec-gar magazines that don't work in my pre-B.

I'd keep it for sure. Way more B models around if you want one later.

Skarekrow88

Yikes! One magazine! I can't think on any of my newer CZ or Mec-gar magazines that don't work in my pre-B.

I'd keep it for sure. Way more B models around if you want one later.

I have one 18rd SP-01 that works and drops free, but I also have a 15rd baby eagle magazine and a 16rd CZ75/85 magazine that also both function but are a little tight. I have to sort of yank them out of the magazine well so techincally I have three.

I could always get some a couple more 18rd SP-01 magazines and I likely will.

steves2

I'd keep the pre-B. They are classic guns, and your trigger has probably smoothed in beautifully.
You can get magazines at Greg Cote LLC. They post which ones fit the pre-Bs. They have these (https://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-fac...z-75-factory-magazine-10-rd-11102-p-1427.html) as well as the 18 round SP-01s you have.
For grips you can look at LOK or VZ grips. I prefer the LOK.
I agree with Cajun GS and CZ Custom. Cajun reliably answer their phone and will answer your questions.