Should I Throw My NRA Ballot in the Trash?

Skans

Which definition have you adopted? The federal law expired decades ago, so that's not on the table. Pick a state ...

My definition - any long gun with internals that allow it to automatically feed the next round into the chamber and scares the urine out of Leftists. Could be full auto, select fire, tri-burst, semi-auto, bump-fire, or Echo/Binary fire.

Definition of Gym-Bag Arm - Any gun with a barrel over 10" which can be easily concealed inside of an average sized athletic bag. Most modern bullpups would fall into that category as well as SBR's and SBS's.

The bottom line is that ALL of the definitions used in Federal laws, and even accepted by most forum members are bogus to begin with. "Assault Rifle" has to be the most contrived, idiotic thing I consistently read gun-gurus attempt to explain is the "proper term for modern select-fire rifles. Heck, that term does not even accurately describe the STG44! It's made-up just like the rest of these terms!

Now, with the advent of binary/echo triggers and bump stocks, the current definitions of modern guns based on their operation have gone from rather ambiguous to moronic word-vomit.

So, if I want to call my AR-pattern rifle which has an Echo 1st Gen trigger installed in it, allowing it to fire a round on each pull and release of the trigger an "Assault Weapon", why is my term any less accurate than "long gun", "rifle", "Assault Rifle", "Machine Gun" or "Semi-Automatic"? Believe me, I've thought through this, it's not.

So, I have chosen not to engage leftists by arguing about stupid, archaic, ever-changing definitions which mean nothing to anyone born after 1975. I believe every US Citizen with their rights intact, should be allowed to own any type of firearm, both whatever the military uses and whatever Civilians ingeniously invent, without restriction.

Zelenskyy withheld such firearms from his citizens, as did prior leaders of Ukraine. What did that get him? A country full of unarmed, untrained, defenseless Citizens which are now being murdered at will by an invading army. THAT'S THE NARRATIVE THAT WE SHOULD BE FOCUSING ON.

44 AMP

Staff
Save me the lecture, I know where it came from. It is actually NOT a valid historical term. "Storm Rifle" might be.

Since you already know what you're talking about, consider the lecture for the benefit of those reading the thread who don't know what you know.

Assault Rifle is a valid translation of Sturmgewehr, and so is Storm Rifle, in the literal sense. The German noun Sturm is translated as "storm", and covers both the meteorological weather condition AND the way "storm" is also used in English, to describe a condition of rapid violent action.

Infantry storming an objective. Storming the castle walls...etc....

Sturmgeschutz is another German term, always translated as "Assault gun". A turretless tank, mounting a large caliber howitzer to provide armored support for infantry assaults. It could be translated as "storm gun", but I've never seen anyone do so.

Likewise, the term "assault" has multiple meanings in English, due to context. Some are correct for a specific context, some are not. I have heard people argue that any weapon used to assault someone is an "assault weapon". While this may be grammatically correct, it is not accurate beyond that.

Congratulations on your decision to "own" the terms used by our opponents. I choose not to sink to their level.

Do remember the old saying, "when you get down in the mud to wrestle a pig, all you get is dirty, and the pig likes it! "

:D

Dead-Nuts-Zero

I will be searching for one good outside candidate and will vote for only one on the ballot, one who I think will work for us and not the big guy.

I subsect a lot of the published bio's in the ballot issue are stroke jobs trolling for votes to keep them in the club. Yea, I could be wrong?

MoscowMike

Frank Tait seems to be the only candidate who is publicly committed to opening up the books and finding out what’s going on. He was put on the ballot by a members petition, not the nominating committee, so he is an outsider.

https://taitnra.substack.com/about

The NRA cannot be as effective as we need them to be with this hanging over them. One director may not make much difference, but it’s a start.

Skans

Frank Tait seems to be the only candidate who is publicly committed to opening up the books and finding out what’s going on. He was put on the ballot by a members petition, not the nominating committee, so he is an outsider.

https://taitnra.substack.com/about

The NRA cannot be as effective as we need them to be with this hanging over them. One director may not make much difference, but it’s a start.
Some outsiders are good for the NRA, others are not. I have no doubt that Antis routinely join the NRA to do damage from within. All I asked is what Frank Tait has done to promote 2nd Amendment rights? I even invited him to come onto this forum to discuss his stance so there can be no confusion. Beyond that, I don't know what the man really stands for.

44 AMP

Staff
Accusations have been leveled. Charges have been filed. Court case(s) ARE underway.

The people controlling the NRA either deliberately did things of questionable legality, or through incompetence allowed them to happen. Either way, the only way to change that is to change those people.

Personally, I would allow the election of anyone who wasn't a Hillary, Sarah Brady or a Josh Sugarman type and give them a chance to fix things. If they failed, replace them with new people and repeat the process until we get enough decent people to straighten things out.

You don't blame the guys in the engine room, or the ship itself if the guy driving it hits a rock. You blame THEM. And, the Captain who has overall final responsibility.