Should I join NRA or GOA?

WSM MAGNUM

Good idea. Send the same message to GOA, since they tend to be the biggest basher around.

That`s not bashing. Just differences of opinions. Remember I said no Org. can please everyone. That`s why I think it is a good idea to join more than one Org. :)

Perhaps when the GOA stops attacking the NRA at every opportunity in order to fill their own coffers I might follow that advice.

It`s called competition. :D

arctictom

Join Both , The NRA is RTBA light , imho . But if your choose one GAO , is probably the one . I am a life member of GAO and the NRA.

Frank Ettin

Administrator
As I've said, I'm a member of GOA, and GOA certainly preaches an uncompromising position. But what has it actually accomplished?

By all means, join as many pro-gun organizations as you can, so that they each can point to the size of their respective memberships and draw strength and credibility from those numbers.

Last edited:

Bottom Gun

My money goes to the NRA. The NRA, in my opinion, is the only organization which actually accomplishes anything.

Also all the finger pointing and stone throwing by some of the other pro-gun outfits doesn't sit well with me. Those efforts could be better directed to unite gun owners rather than try to pit them against one another.

MrApathy

highly recommend SAF. They have lead the way in various cities. NRA usually takes credit all it can though.

NRA or GOA both or neither but definitely SAF.
NRA is definitely lacking in action not due to funds or people.
They are not looking to expand a right they do much better keeping it a privilege and a privilege imperiled occasionally.

JimDiver

Join NRA to support safety and education and the other things they do.

Join GOA cause they are the ones who kick ass in DC.

AND join your state's local pro-2nd group.... The NRA Can tell you who that is.

Te Anau

Perhaps when the GOA stops attacking the NRA at every opportunity in order to fill their own coffers I might follow that advice.
The GOA stands firm against the NRA's "endless compromise" strategy.

Mastrogiacomo

I joined the NRA as an easy pay life member - once I've paid it off, I plan to become a life member with GOA too. You can't never have enough voices for the second amendment.

GoSlash27

GOA. The NRA doesn't promote or defend the 2nd as a right, and IMO that's the whole point of funding a lobby group in the first place. JPFO is also a good choice.

Perldog007

Well after reading their amicus brief in the Keller V D.C. case before SCOTUS, I am getting a few dollars to the Congress of Racial Equality. They laid down some serious anti-NAACP logic and reason in support of striking down the D.C. gun ban.

Pink Pistols,GOA, JPFO will also get money from me.

The NRA is on my list to donate to, but not at the top.