Shotgun Presses; My head Is Spinning

Gdawgs

Thanks, all.

I "sourced" a NOS Lee Loadmaster for a song. I'm going to set it up and check it out. At the same time, I'm going to keep an eye out for a deal on a MEC. Even if the Lee works out, I'll be happy with 2 presses.

Good to know about the adjusting bar in lieu of the bushings.

Hopefully it works for you. If I remember correctly, there was a certain hull and load that worked well in it. But we couldn't get anything else to work well. Most likely you could probably get others to work with some shot column height adjustment(using overshot cards and filler wads). Let us know how it works for you.

big al hunter

Even if the Lee works out, I'll be happy with 2 presses.

Careful, that leads to 3 presses. You'll run out of room on your reloading bench.

I started a few years ago with a Lee Load All in 20 GA. Then found a MEC 9000 progressive used for way too little $ to resist. When I arrived to check it out, it was in great shape. And he tossed in 200 empty hulls, 600 wads and an unopened 8 lb jug of powder. The powder was worth more than he was asking for the press. Never been so lucky on a deal. Then I ordered 2 more MEC 600 Jr's for loading 3 inch in 12 and 20 ga.

They're like rabbits.

Mec use here. 410 -20- 12-ga. Tied other shotgun reloaders cheap to expensive. Mec brand are the best tools for my application. And too Ballistic Products is a 10 minute ride away. Components and Mec adapters close by >helps

mehavey

It comes already factory setup for standard 2-3/4.
You can then adjust for larger 3" if desired.

Table-mounting is as simple as a single C-Clamp.

MEC600s.jpg

FITASC

But that takes up a LOT more space than the two flats of shells he said he would shoot in a year; that's the main downside with low volume shooting

Therapy, indeed...

I won't have an issue with room for it. Going to be finishing my basement in the future which will include a very large reloading area.

I wouldn't take a load-all if it was free. Cheap, plastic, static prone, no adjustments and will not go the long haul. MEC for me. I have 4 ea 600 Jr's. setup in 410 2 1/2in/410 3 in/20 ga and 12 ga.. The oldest was my Dad's purchased in 1965. It still works as good as the newer ones. Remember these machines are ALL STEEL and each station is adjustable. And parts are readily available if needed.

Dead-Nuts-Zero

I Vote for MEC
I started in early 60's with a MEC Super 250 mail ordered for 20 bucks from Gander Mountain, still have it. Eventually went to progressive 600 series MEC but don't load much now due to shot prices.

Last I knew, MEC will recondition used presses for around 35 bucks, maybe cost more these days but a good option on an old used/abused MEC.