Shot the monster SBS pistol!

Bill DeShivs

It's a monster! Shooting 2-3/4" shells is actually a little painful. After about 10 rounds, it was time for me to stop.
Recoil is straight back into the hand due to the grip design. The grip is designed to prevent the gun rolling up during recoil- allowing the second barrel to be fired accurately and quickly.
Pattern at 15-20 feet is about 8" with #1 buck, and quite a bit wider with #7-1/2 shot.
It's loud, too!
Ms. Debbie, being the trooper she is, also had a go with it.
I have no desire to shoot 3" magnums in it

Attachments

• IMG_3933.JPG
    IMG_3933.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 372

Model12Win

Nice! Got any more pictures? That looks like an Ithaca Auto Burglar but in 12 gauge! I bet it's got some nip to it!! :D

kozak6

Now you gotta make a holster for it!

I love seeing that thing. The engraving is a fantastic touch.

9x19

So you didn't try both triggers at once? :D

You knew it was gonna be a beast, but it's a really nice looking beast!

ATN082268

You need to load each barrel with 3 inch magnum slugs and fire both barrels at the same time. That's the only way to know if you are Mad Max material :)

Bill DeShivs

I still have to install a sling swivel on the butt, so the gun can be hung over the shoulder.

The engraving was done to cover awful factory stamped engraving.
I still might pimp it up a little more- maybe a small gold shield inlayed in the back of the pistol grip?

I knew the recoil would be bad, so when I made the grip I drilled it from the bottom and installed steel rods-epoxied into either side of the grip. This should keep the grip from breaking at the weakest point. While I doubt recoil would break it, dropping the gun sure could without the rods.

Though I never have done any "real" stock work on long guns- other than refinishing and tinkering, I took my time on this grip. I had the slab of walnut for more than 30 years in case I ever decided to do this. The pistol grip is actually bedded with epoxy for fit, as movement could eventually destroy it.

In my twenties, I did make one other pistol grip- for a Stevens pump 20 ga. that I made a "whippet" gun out of. This was long before the Mossberg "Cruiser" type guns were available. But fitting a grip to a pump is nothing like stocking a double.

Last edited:

Bill DeShivs

The grip isn't painful.
The design keeps the gun from sliding back into the hand- which can cause the web of the hand to get stuck under the opening lever. THAT'S painful!
The gun can also be fired from eye level, without hitting you in the head. THAT'S painful, too.

shootbrownelk

Great looking gun, it has "Home Defense" written all over it. One look at that would make the baddest of the bad paint his shorts brown!

agtman

They're not that painful to shoot, trust me.

20ga SBS - 8" barrels.

In fact, these little blasters are highly effective on scags and other Wasteland trash. ;)

:cool:

jaguarxk120

Nice and handy , just the right size when the tiger is clawing his way up the side of your elephant.

Draw put the muzzles against the tigers forehead and pull both triggers.