Short sight radius & accuracy

HiBC

OP,you mention "bendy".I understand.Most modern commercial receiver sights are aluminum.

That Redfield sight I mentioned,you give up the micro windage adjustment,but what you get back is more strength.Its steel,and they did not have to mill out space for the windage screw.Worth looking at.

This one,unfortunately,is not for a Mauser,but it shows the sight I an talking about
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Redfield-E-...265161?pt=Vintage_Hunting&hash=item3a8c3324c9

Last edited:

Moloch

Thanks for the link, but that one is still to fragile for me, I don't like the space between the peep sight and the receiver side mounted rear sights have, rifles are top heavy and will always fall right onto the receiver. Doesn't matter if its steel or aluminum, it will bend if it falls on frozen ground or a rock.

I wish peep sights with protection ears were available for other platforms than just the Marlin lever action rifles:

p_006000037_1.jpg

But the Mojo is already plenty strong because its so simple and low profile, I hope it works well enough to fit my accuracy needs.

Moloch

Here's my Tanker 94. It's one of my cast bullet shooters and with geezer eyesight anything under 4" @ 100yds gets me all twitterpated.
Sweet lever action, I love em' short! :D