Shooting without Cataracts

jonnyc

Had my left eye done on Thursday; can't believe the results! Left is now 20/20, right is still effed-up. I took the lens out of my glasses and that is working well so far. Right side is on the 30th. Doc said I can shoot a bit of .22 tomorrow (Sun.). Really looking to see the results on the range. I shoot pistols lefty and rifles righty.
Should be interesting!

Last edited:

jag2

My memory sucks, I forgot I posted to this thread back in July. After a delay or two mine should be in a couple of weeks. Glad I reread this, feel much more assured.

WestDivide

I'll chime in here...

I had mine done in May/June this year; two weeks apart. Surgery was essentially painless. As noted, extensive eye drop schedule, antibiotics and steroids to 'minimize' swelling. Goes for 3 weeks after respective eye is done. Laser removal of natural lenses was best light show ever.

Fortunately, I was able to get the 'TORIC' lenses for astigmatism. It's worth it if you can. I went with the 'far' lenses, so I need about 2-3 power reading glasses for fine stuff, -newspaper, crosswords, detailed woodshop activities, etc. Otherwise, vision is about perfect. I have a retinal membrane issue(not related to cataracts), so right eye is about 80 %, but still way better. My left eye is excellent. The only difference is things seem 'sorta' smaller in general, but all in proportion. Course, I wore coke bottle bottoms for 75 years, so I guess it's reasonable. Driving is good and other activities are very clear. TV is clear and sharp, as is everything else. Actually, the reading glasses 'smear' things a little beyond about 4 ft.

I have yet to shoot, but both doc's felt recoil impact would not be an issue after a month or so.

Good luck, -West