Shiny Handgun Photo Thread

Sarge

Nickel, Stainless, Bumper Chrome; whatever you got, let’s see ‘em.

I’ve always had a weakness for nickel-plated big-bore handguns, though I have owned a few nickel S&W 38’s and 357’s over the years. I’ll kick this off with two of my favorites; a Nickel S&W Model 29-2 I owned for awhile, and my current Nickel Rock Island 1911.

29mangas1.jpg

Prodigal_1911_zpsccd0f0a7.jpg

.45C-SWC

Here's mine

A Smith & Wesson Model 25-5 (45 Colt) in blue although this lighting makes it look like stainless steel. My only handgun (so far). A Model 27 is on my short list.

Attachments

• M25-5.jpg
    M25-5.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 175

SaxonPig

I love nickel plated handguns and have quite a few. I have never owned a nickel auto for some reason.

A couple of favorites:

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

papershotshells

I really don't think there is a more beautiful handgun in the entire world than a Nickel plated S&W N frame, especially a 4". I've never owned a Nickel N frame, but I've had a few Nickel plated K frames, which were all great guns.

Sorry that I don't have a pic to add, but I owned a pair (yes a pair) of Nickel M19 4" guns for several years. They were absolute mirror images of each other, both had the same 95% flawless finishes (without a cylinder ring on either one), even the grips had very similar grain in the wood. They were absolutely stunning, with matched holsters. I wound up owning them quite by accident, I never set out to acquire a pair, it just happened that way over the course of about 8 months, from two different gunshows.

Lost them in a burglary. Probably the only guns I ever actually cried over losing (I didn't cry when I got the insurance check however and used it to buy a model 27 & 28). I've not owned a Nickel gun since, but now I think I may have to look for one.

Thanks for the pics guys, you've inspired me to look for a Nickel N frame right after Christmas.

Papershotshells

WC145

I couldn't own a gun like that. I would become obsessive compulsive about it.
Not that big a deal. You just have to accept that the finish is going to wear if it's carried. Besides, the hard work has been done, a repolish and blue will be much less expensive than the original job and it will look like new again.

Sarge

That nickel 1911 in the opening post has about 1200 rounds through it and has been carried pretty regularly for over a year. When it gets a little dull I give it a light coat of IOSSO paste and buff it with an old T-shirt. The Model 29 got the same treatment and the finish was fine for the 14 years I owned and used it.

Otherwise, it's shoot-clean-carry like anything else on the place. About the only finish-specific precaution I take with nickeled guns is to avoid bare kydex holsters. Fortunately, several makers like Safariland offer lined holsters with Kydex shells.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. Keep 'em coming.

KyJim

Here are some I have. What can I say? I'm attracted to shiny objects. :)

My only 1911 in Officer size:

A nickel Python:

A Python in stainless:

A pair:

PT-92

Not too many revolvers anymore but still a few (what I wouldn't do to have just a few of these abovementioned gems :eek:) --I'm hoping RickB can provide us with some pointers as my pics pale in comparison (course I'm using a cheap Cell camera):

Taurus_990_zps5dbb2b9f.jpg

ETA: Had to quickly add what Santa left me under the tree (Merry, Merry Christmas Indeed :) !):

BersaThunder22_zps681d0d16.jpg

Last edited: